Author Topic: What is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you when you were a kid?  (Read 4968 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Mine wasn't anyone's fault.  In 1st grade my parents went out of town for a night leaving my college age sisters asthe babysitters.  I some how got bit by a spider on my bottom and woke up with something wrong that I couldn't see.  So I had to ask my sister to look at my butt who then insisted other sister investigate too.  When mom returned she had a looksie and wanted Dad'sopinion on whether emergency room was necessary or could wait for doctor the next morning.  At the dr's at least 2 nurses and my male doc had a viewing to confirm spider bite.  I then had to take a pillow to sit on to class for the rest of the week.  It was all overwhelmingly embarrassing for a shy 6 yr old.

I still really hpdislike spiders.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
This was embarrassing for both me and the person behind me. I was in choir in Jr. High, and since I was tall, I was put in the back row. For one of our concerts, I was going to lead everyone out on the risers. The teacher gave me a nod, and I went marching up the steps, then across to my spot. As I stepped over the last little gap, I heard a WHAM! from behind me, but I didn't dare turn around until I hit my mark. The girl behind me had tripped on her hem and faceplanted into the riser. I was standing all alone in the corner, looking like a jerk, while everyone else stopped to help her up. I felt terrible, especially when she finally got to her spot next to me, and was apologizing for falling. We were both as red as our choir dresses for most of the concert.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Ceallach

• This Is It
This was embarrassing for both me and the person behind me. I was in choir in Jr. High, and since I was tall, I was put in the back row. For one of our concerts, I was going to lead everyone out on the risers. The teacher gave me a nod, and I went marching up the steps, then across to my spot. As I stepped over the last little gap, I heard a WHAM! from behind me, but I didn't dare turn around until I hit my mark. The girl behind me had tripped on her hem and faceplanted into the riser. I was standing all alone in the corner, looking like a jerk, while everyone else stopped to help her up. I felt terrible, especially when she finally got to her spot next to me, and was apologizing for falling. We were both as red as our choir dresses for most of the concert.

Oh how awkward!  I always hated being at the front in this situations, because I'd always get the sense there'd be some delay and the people behind wouldn't follow, leaving me off on my own.    That poor girl tripping in front of everybody too!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Daquiri40

Christmas pageant and I was in 6th grade.  We had to individually recite a piece at the microphone and then go back to our place.  I was so proud I remembered my lines.  Going to back to my place in line, a boy in my class called me fatty.  I was on stage in front of all of the parents, trying to hold back tears.

That stupid boy ruined my Christmas that year. 

Bijou

• Super Hero!
I went to school with a girl we nicknamed...you know those things you play baseball with?  Not the bats... anyway, she and I used to write notes to one another and I wrote one to her, saying "Hi, (nickname),  I'll meet you after school, blah blah, blah..."
She lost it and someone found it and gave it to the principal.  He apparently was shocked and mortified, thinking I had written it to a boy.  He called my mother and she had to go to the school and explain.  She had to bring my yearbook to show where the girl had signed with her nickname. 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:20:47 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
This didn't happen to me.  It happened to the son of a friend.

He was a teen and, back in the 1970s, he worked part-time at a Baskin-Robbins ice cream store.  At that time, servers were required to wear assigned shirts  There was a small logo on the front.  On the back of the shirt was a name of one of the BR flavors in large letters.  This tall,  beefy young man received the shirt with 'Honey' on the back. 

He was so upset about this that he almost considered quitting but the money he earned came in handy.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
Christmas pageant and I was in 6th grade.  We had to individually recite a piece at the microphone and then go back to our place.  I was so proud I remembered my lines.  Going to back to my place in line, a boy in my class called me fatty.  I was on stage in front of all of the parents, trying to hold back tears.

That stupid boy ruined my Christmas that year.

In some 6th grade Unicef fundraiser pageant, I played a girl from Mexico. I wore a sombrero, a red peasant blouse, and a folk dancing skirt. Well, the girl who was holding the Mexico sign had an issue with it. Why? Because all other kids who were dressed up as kids from other countries wore more, shall we say, civilian attire. The girl did nothing but criticize my costume while I walked. Hence I did not (and could not) smile. Then my mother asked "why was that Mexican girl so serious? Why were you not smiling?". More criticism :(

Decades later, when the girl friended me on Facebook, I thought twice before adding her strictly because of this incident.

I have pet mice!

Daquiri40

9th grade - shy kid wearing dorky glasses.  I got off at the school bus stop and was in my own little dork world.  I promptly walked right through the freshly laid cement and the guys who had poured it screamed at me.  The kids on the bus laughed and so did everyone walking with me.

I walked on like I didn't see anything.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
I was about 6, I think.  We'd gone to the movies and there was a scene where the characters were attempting to outrun a tsunami wave.  I yelled "HURRY!  HURRY!" in that piercing voice that small children have, and the whole theater erupted into laughter.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Delia DeLyons

1st Grade Halloween Costume: Clown... Borrowed the costume from some relative I think... At the end of the day, after climbing up the bus' big steps, I reach the top, standing in the aisle at the front of the bus, and everyone starts laughing.  My giant clown pants were around my ankles, and I hadn't a clue... No lasting ridicule, but that was a looooong bus ride home, *that* I remember clearly!
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

ShanghaiJill

Just being a dork was embarrassing enough.