News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 27, 2015, 04:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Our decorations are different  (Read 1887 times)

Chipmunky

Re: Our decorations are different
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
We've had the cats for 3 years now, each year with a live tree. One sniffs it but otherwise leaves it be. The other one likes to bat occasionally at ornaments, but I always put soft, non breakables at the bottom for her. She honestly is more distracted by the shiny paper on packages.

Neither has figured out the tree can be a personal gymnasium. I hope to keep it that way, though one is too fat to climb in anyway.  The other one cannot be left alone around ribbons- she must chew/taste/destroy. No ribbons on the tree, and the little bit of garland is high up on the tree where she won't see it. Cat is very excited for Christmas, as it means she gets scraps of paper wadded into crinkly balls to bat everywhere. I found three balls from wrapping scraps last night in various locations, including one in my work shoes.

Ginger G

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »
I have an 11 year old cat who long ago lot interest in the Christmas tree, and two four year old cats who messed with it the first couple of years.  Last year the tree was blissfully left alone, other than them taking turns sleeping under it.  Now we have a kitten (5 months old), so every day when I go home from work I have to redecorate the bottom layer.  I also keep finding ornaments along with other cat toys in the bed.  I'm really wondering if it was worth the trouble to put it up.  If I wasn't hosting Christmas day, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
Awesome idea! I am so stealing this for next year.

I have a nine month old kitten and did not dare put my tree up. He climbs up and sits on the shower curtain rod to give you some idea of his aspirations and skill set. I doubt he'll have outgrown his need to climb and conquer by next year - my mom's tomcat finally settled down in the past several months...at age four.
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 02:54:06 PM »
If I'd put up a tree, I'd fully expect the 8 year old cat to be at the top of it!  The 12 year old?  Is the one that would eat the dang thing.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

PurpleFrog

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »
No cats, but a house bunny and two small boys meant the tree spent half of last year on the floor.

This year we've a 5 ft cardboard one on the wall. Plus giant cardboard snowmen and santas. Easy to put up, hard to knock down and damage. 😃😃😃
I love you, but if Zombies are chasing us I'm tripping you up.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
I've given up putting feathered ornaments on the tree.

It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:28 PM »
That is a fabulous photo!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

POF

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
My cats never really bother our trees, ) we put up 2 ) they lay under them and sleep.

JEsMom

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »
This is how we decorate, instead of a tree, thanks to the multiple cats. 

Anyone else do holiday oddities?

OPUS!!!

Wish I could see close enough to see what the books are! :)

Mergatroyd

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »
My parents never had trouble with their cat and tree... And they got big trees! 21 feet was the record I think.

Of course, they did have a balcony that looked into the living room, (that's how we got the star on the tree, just leaned over the balcony) so possibly the cat found that view better than sappy paws.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 11:13:36 PM »
The "books" are folders with commerative Hannukah medallions. (The Sweetie is Jewish.)
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 06:29:02 AM »
I've given up putting feathered ornaments on the tree.

So, you have a "Cat in a pear tree"? I hope you are using this for a Christmas card!