Author Topic: Who came up with this useless product?  (Read 73460 times)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
Re: Who came up with this useless product?
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »
Incence cones are very handy for going into one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A4uchermann

He is a Rauechermann. He opens up so you can put the cone inside, and the smoke comes out of his mouth. We have a couple- one traditional, the other a witch with smoke coming out of her cauldron.

WANT.

Tell me about it- since I googled it a few minutes ago, I've seen a huge variety of them, some with truly hair-raising prices!

I want it too now!  And then I suppose I'll have to buy incense cones to burn.  This is very nifty!

My aunt has something similar. But it is a dragon and the smoke comes out of his mouth. He is a very goofy looking Dragon.

Before it met a nasty end (due to my nasty behaved cousin throwing it at me because I took back the cash she stole from me) I had a dragon similar to those. A mama and a baby dragon made out of soap stone with Mama's tail curled around baby. Smoke drifted out of mama's nose, baby's nose and the cracks on an egg.

It was awesome.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »

He is a Rauechermann. He opens up so you can put the cone inside, and the smoke comes out of his mouth. We have a couple- one traditional, the other a witch with smoke coming out of her cauldron.

WANT.

Tell me about it- since I googled it a few minutes ago, I've seen a huge variety of them, some with truly hair-raising prices!

I want it too now!  And then I suppose I'll have to buy incense cones to burn.  This is very nifty!

My aunt has something similar. But it is a dragon and the smoke comes out of his mouth. He is a very goofy looking Dragon.

Before it met a nasty end (due to my nasty behaved cousin throwing it at me because I took back the cash she stole from me) I had a dragon similar to those. A mama and a baby dragon made out of soap stone with Mama's tail curled around baby. Smoke drifted out of mama's nose, baby's nose and the cracks on an egg.

It was awesome.

There is a dragon one here you might like: http://shopaholick.net/IncenseBurners.aspx

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »

WANT.

It was awesome.

There is a dragon one here you might like: http://shopaholick.net/IncenseBurners.aspx

Ooo... Those are really neat.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
jmarvellous wrote:

"Why are there incense cones? They always seem to smell worse or be more cheaply made than the sticks, for which there are many more holders made already.  Is there something I'm missing?"

As others pointed out with the products, there are lots of incense burners that wouldn't work with stick incense, so a more compact form factor makes (in)sense.  The thing that popped into my head when I saw this was the thurible used in Catholic or Episcopal services.

Virg

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2012, 05:05:07 PM »
As others pointed out with the products, there are lots of incense burners that wouldn't work with stick incense, so a more compact form factor makes (in)sense.  The thing that popped into my head when I saw this was the thurible used in Catholic or Episcopal services.

Virg

Thuribles often burn powder incense, though, just to throw in a different type of incense.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
There are now heavy pads to be used as a dish drainer on the counter. I have been using a dishtowel folded in half or thirds for years for that purpose for over 10 years now. When I have way too many dishes for that, I use the dishwasher.

My thought is that the pads would be hard to store when not in use whereas my folded dishtowel hangs on the towel rack quite nicely. The towel gets washed twice a week, while the dish drainer...............well, who knows?

PS I dry my dishes with a bleached towel as I go along. I am more likely to leave dirty dishes in the sink than airdry dishes - yes, even when I had young children.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:04:24 PM by Luci45 »

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2012, 08:01:35 AM »
There are now heavy pads to be used as a dish drainer on the counter. I have been using a dishtowel folded in half or thirds for years for that purpose for over 10 years now. When I have way too many dishes for that, I use the dishwasher.

My thought is that the pads would be hard to store when not in use whereas my folded dishtowel hangs on the towel rack quite nicely. The towel gets washed twice a week, while the dish drainer...............well, who knows?

PS I dry my dishes with a bleached towel as I go along. I am more likely to leave dirty dishes in the sink than airdry dishes - yes, even when I had young children.

I have one of those hanging out in my utensil drawer.  Personally, I like the idea of the pad to be used instead of the dish drainer, because it's much easier to toss it in the washing machine than it is to wash the big drainer, and because it takes much less space to store.  Interestingly, the reason that mine doesn't see more use is because I do have a big metal dish drainer, and no where to store it to put down the dish mat.  I do air dry nearly everything though, because I really hate drying dishes.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »
"If God had intended for womankind to dry dishes, she would not have invented evaporation."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »
My lawn has some damage from the winter (thank you dog!) and today I was looking at lawn repair products.
I was trying to find a not-too-chemical form of lawn food and thought I'd hit the jackpot.

The product was a 'natural lawn top coat' lawn food. It seemed like a good idea - until I actually read the label.

First, the product still requires fertilizer.
Second, the product consists of "pelletized, composted yard waste" ie - grass clippings.

So as near as I can tell, I am supposed to cut my lawn, rake up and dispose of the clippings, and then spend $$$ to put bagged, treated, grass clippings back onto my lawn.

I think I'll just mow, make sure the clippings are fine and spread them out so they compost naturally thanks.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
My lawn has some damage from the winter (thank you dog!) and today I was looking at lawn repair products.
I was trying to find a not-too-chemical form of lawn food and thought I'd hit the jackpot.

The product was a 'natural lawn top coat' lawn food. It seemed like a good idea - until I actually read the label.

First, the product still requires fertilizer.
Second, the product consists of "pelletized, composted yard waste" ie - grass clippings.

So as near as I can tell, I am supposed to cut my lawn, rake up and dispose of the clippings, and then spend $$$ to put bagged, treated, grass clippings back onto my lawn.

I think I'll just mow, make sure the clippings are fine and spread them out so they compost naturally thanks.

There are people *me* that don't have a lawn to mow (thank you dogs!), so I wouldn't have any clippings to bag up.  Now that I moved home (Colorado! finally made it back!) I don't have a law as I live in the mountains, so it's moot; back in Missouri, though, the dogs ran the grass out of the lawn and thus no lawn to mow.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

MizB

« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2012, 02:24:46 AM »
On the snuggie topic when I was growing up we had something like it but the bottom was sewn up like a sleeping bag.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Bluenomi

« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11:01 AM »
"If God had intended for womankind to dry dishes, she would not have invented evaporation."

I'm an athiest but even I will say 'Amen Sister' to that one!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #387 on: May 18, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »

Funny, my MIL didn't like it!  ;D
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »

Ditto!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Editeer

« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »
Wasn't sure whether to put this here, or in the Brain Hurt thread:

Perfume that smells like mildew.

http://www.demeterfragrance.com/704141/products/Mildew.html

Other fragrances include Earthworm, Fireplace, and Pruning Shears.