Author Topic: Who came up with this useless product?  (Read 67895 times)

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
Re: Who came up with this useless product?
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
Nah, they have a faucet you can turn on just by touching it with your wrist.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2012, 11:50:03 AM »
GAH!!!  Whoever invented and marketed that wasn't owned by cats.  ::) I'm not the only one who had a cat that preferred to drink out of a thin stream of water running out of the faucet.  Turn it on, yes.  Turn it off...not hardly.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Melle

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:27 AM »

Now _that_ I would buy in a heartbeat.

MerryCat

« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
GAH!!!  Whoever invented and marketed that wasn't owned by cats.  ::) I'm not the only one who had a cat that preferred to drink out of a thin stream of water running out of the faucet.  Turn it on, yes.  Turn it off...not hardly.

This is what I thought of too. CassieCat prefers to drink out of the tap. If she could turn it on by nudging it I think we'd come home to find every single tap in the house turned on.

Nika

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »

Ugh, yes, and now everyone loves to sell all sorts of electronics (TVs, Xbox 360, etc) with those "buttons" that sense your finger so you don't actually have to press anything.

Yes, my demon kitty has pushed the eject button on my Xbox 360 before. Yes, while I was playing. No, I hadn't saved my game in a long time, thank you.  >:(
"I am, in fact, a hobbit in all but size."

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »

Ugh, yes, and now everyone loves to sell all sorts of electronics (TVs, Xbox 360, etc) with those "buttons" that sense your finger so you don't actually have to press anything.

Yes, my demon kitty has pushed the eject button on my Xbox 360 before. Yes, while I was playing. No, I hadn't saved my game in a long time, thank you.  >:(

We had a heck of a time putting the new Wii where my roommate wanted it (setting the box on top of the DVD player) - the Wii box goes *just* to the side of the sensor on the DVD player.  So every time we need to adjust a plug at the back of the Wii, we get to dodge the suddenly-opening DVD tray.
   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
I agree egg separators are frivolous... unless you have one that looks like a nose:
http://www.foundshit.com/egg-separator-nose/

Then it just becomes awesome!

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »

I agree egg separators are frivolous... unless you have one that looks like a nose:

That's both hilarious and oh so very gross.

Speaking of touch buttons: I hate the touch pad on my laptop. Apparently, "touch" can sometimes mean "run my hand 1 cm above". I end up unwittingly clicking on things. It's especially irritating when I'm typing and suddenly, I end up writing on another line.

MerryCat

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »

Oh wow..... I need one of those! Where can I find one?

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »

Oh wow..... I need one of those! Where can I find one?

Just google "nose egg separator" and several retailers show up (I just chose that link because it had the best pictures).

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »

It's just me and my picky ways, but I know I would NEVER be able to eat whatever was made with the eggs separated by this thing!  Ewwwww, I'm getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!  LOL.
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2012, 01:25:05 PM »
I tried the no shampoo thing for a day... and that was it.  I can't get a brush or comb through my hair if I haven't used conditioner, and a *lot* of it.  My hair is really thick and frizzy and wants to stick together.  I've been trying to reduce the amount of shampoo, because it tends to get oily near the roots very quickly (and it's very noticeable), but I can't seem to reduce the amount of conditioner even in proportion, or my hair is just impossible to brush afterwards.  It already takes me a good ten minutes to get a brush through it after a shower, using lots of conditioner.  I once tried a "hot oil treatment" that apparently had jojoba in it.  I gave up before I could get it brushed out, it just wasn't happening!  Ended up getting back in the shower and doing my conditioning method of putting in a ton of conditioner, then leaving it in for a day to condition the hair.  Just to recover it.  Yes, my hair drives me crazy.

I have to admit, I kind of love all the weird gadgets, because I figure there's *somebody* who could really use that (like the grandmother with arthritis and the egg separator), and it's neat that such things are available.  My personal favorite is the little collander-sort-of-thing for tunafish cans, so that you can squeeze out all the liquid before scooping the tuna into a bowl.  :)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »
I have to admit, I kind of love all the weird gadgets, because I figure there's *somebody* who could really use that (like the grandmother with arthritis and the egg separator), and it's neat that such things are available.  My personal favorite is the little collander-sort-of-thing for tunafish cans, so that you can squeeze out all the liquid before scooping the tuna into a bowl.  :)

Butbutbut . . . that's why they come in cans, right?  You run the can opener all around the lid, then you smash the lid down into the tuna to drain the juice!  (Or to drink it, if you're my brother . . .)

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »
I tried the no shampoo thing for a day... and that was it.  I can't get a brush or comb through my hair if I haven't used conditioner, and a *lot* of it.  My hair is really thick and frizzy and wants to stick together.  I've been trying to reduce the amount of shampoo, because it tends to get oily near the roots very quickly (and it's very noticeable), but I can't seem to reduce the amount of conditioner even in proportion, or my hair is just impossible to brush afterwards.

I use baking soda, but never reduced the amount of conditioner. Well, maybe a little, because I water it down so it spreads better in my hair, but I still use normal conditioner. The vinegar never seemed to quite do the trick.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

Tigger

• Always having fun
  • Life is hard. After all, it kills you - K Hepburn
« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2012, 01:31:38 PM »
MommyPenguin, do you have frizzy curly hair? Have you tried not brushing it and playing up the curls? Usually with frizzy hair the more you brush the worse it gets.  Just a thought.

I have curly hair but if I brushed it I would definitely have frizzy hair.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:26:54 PM by Tigger »

Ontario