Author Topic: Who came up with this useless product?  (Read 73385 times)

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
Re: Who came up with this useless product?
« Reply #495 on: July 23, 2013, 10:39:05 AM »
Do not waste your money on the Sticky Buddy. It works for the first couple of times and then loses its sticky. The little teeth are handy for raking up the pet hair so you can then pick it up with a vacuum or an old-school lint roller, but that's about all it's good for -- not worth 20 bucks.

If it is like the Mr Sticky that I have, you simply need to use a tiny bit of soap on the "sticky" part when it starts to lose its sticky and it is as good as new. I use soap on mine about every 5-6 uses and it has lasted for years.

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #496 on: July 23, 2013, 05:43:59 PM »
Do not waste your money on the Sticky Buddy. It works for the first couple of times and then loses its sticky. The little teeth are handy for raking up the pet hair so you can then pick it up with a vacuum or an old-school lint roller, but that's about all it's good for -- not worth 20 bucks.

If it is like the Mr Sticky that I have, you simply need to use a tiny bit of soap on the "sticky" part when it starts to lose its sticky and it is as good as new. I use soap on mine about every 5-6 uses and it has lasted for years.

Really? What kind of soap?
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

Wulfie

« Reply #497 on: July 23, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »

I just use the same liquid soap that I have at the sink. As long as it is a liquid soap (vs bar of soap) I have not noticed any difference between dish soap and hand soap. I just let it air dry afterwards and it is as good as new.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »

I just use the same liquid soap that I have at the sink. As long as it is a liquid soap (vs bar of soap) I have not noticed any difference between dish soap and hand soap. I just let it air dry afterwards and it is as good as new.

I tried it with Dawn. It's still dead. But then, it didn't even last through one rinse in cool water. I'm keeping the small one, though, because side witn the rubber fingers is great to use to push Woolite rug cleaner into the carpet.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:46:42 PM by Luci45 »

Wulfie

« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »

I tried it with Dawn. It's still dead. But then, it didn't even last through one rinse in cool water. I'm keeping the small one, though, because side witn the rubber fingers is great to use to push Woolite rug cleaner into the carpet.

That might be your problem. With my Mr Sticky they are very clear that you need to use HOT water when you clean it. That helps the oils to release from the polymer.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2013, 07:05:39 PM »

That might be your problem. With my Mr Sticky they are very clear that you need to use HOT water when you clean it. That helps the oils to release from the polymer.

I found the directions for my Sticky Buddy. It does say "lukewarm" water. I'll give it another shot.

Thanks!

crella

« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »
Also, how do you keep your pants clean when you pull them down?

It's a bit complicated...roll up your pants a few inches so they don't touch the floor when you lower them. When you pull them down to your knees, and squat, your pants are in front of you because your tush is behind you in a squat. You can't get your pants dirty doing what you have to do, but they can get dirty on the floor, so I recommend rolling up the legs. Long skirt? Gather it up and toss it over a shoulder...

Or, just look for a stall with a western toilet mark! Much easier! Westerners tend in general to be a bit less flexible...the Japanese sit on their legs on the floor and so they are pretty bendy ;D. Their heels are on the ground when they squat, they can squat and just sit there. For westerners who grew up using chairs, there's less flexibility (I think in the hamstrings) so an unsupported squat is difficult. A lot of people hold onto the pipe connecting the squat toilet to the water tank , but sometimes the pipes break off if they're old...lots of stories on ex-pat websites about squat toilet contortions  ;D  They are being phased out here, or at least both are offered, because of the great number of older Japanese getting knee and hip replacements. A total knee makes using one impossible.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #502 on: July 27, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »
The Eagle and my mom saw a commercial for Perfect Polly...a fake parrot that makes real bird noises!  You don't have to worry about the mess of a real bird but can get their beautiful songs anyway!  It's lifelike, too, what with a twitching tail and rotating head!

That was on an episode of Worlds Dumbest!
DP and I saw this, and both nearly fell out of bed laughing.

I mean, yeah, we bought one of those mechanical fake goldfish for my 99 year old great grandmother. She was fully aware it was fake, but it gave her something to watch (not unlike a lava lamp). This thing? Not even.

I bought one for my 96(well, at the time 93) year old great grandmother.

She... does not know its fake. She thinks it eats the ivy plant hanging in its water. She killed her last two bettas on accident and was in a depression "Goldie" can't die so long as we remember to change the batteries every few months.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

lkb

« Reply #503 on: August 07, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
I was at our local grocery store today and they had a new gizmo called the

Rapid Ramen Cooker (cooks perfect ramen noodles in the microwave in only 4 minutes, the box says!)

Ummmm, I can cook good-enough ramen noodles (who gets to define when it's perfect BTW?) in three minutes using a good ol' sauce pot, water and a regular stove.

Only $6.99 plus tax.... or a two-pack at Amazon for $13.98 plus shipping.....

Lynnv

« Reply #504 on: August 07, 2014, 05:23:40 PM »

Rapid Ramen Cooker (cooks perfect ramen noodles in the microwave in only 4 minutes, the box says!)

Ummmm, I can cook good-enough ramen noodles (who gets to define when it's perfect BTW?) in three minutes using a good ol' sauce pot, water and a regular stove.

I have one and use it a lot.  My job means that I live in hotels about 80% of the time.  I am not sure what perfect Ramen Noodles are either but I have to say that it is pretty handy for me and means I can eat something slightly better than fast food on a regular basis. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #505 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:53 PM »
I use the tortilla warmer we have. They come in a ceramic version or a cloth version and work very well to warm tortillas.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »

I'm assuming you mean 3 minutes after the water boils...so it does cut down on cook time. It also seems handy for someone who doesn't have a stove.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
But you don't need anything other than a small bowl to cook ramen in the microwave! I have plenty of experience doing that.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »
But you don't need anything other than a small bowl to cook ramen in the microwave! I have plenty of experience doing that.

For me, that would take 9-12 minutes to do.  Cutting that down to 4 could be nice.  I wouldn't buy it because I don't need it, but I kind of understand it's purpose.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2014, 06:46:42 PM »
I saw the ramen cooker in the store the other day!  It seems like it would be useful for someone who has limited access to cooking facilities, like only having a microwave. And it's perfectly shaped for ramen.  I know I don't have any microwave safe bowls that would fit a block of ramen without being way too big.