News:

• April 19, 2018, 10:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Closed Thread?  (Read 3497 times)

lastnightsdream

Closed Thread?
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »
Hello! Not sure where to ask this - I had a thread in wedding etiquette that got closed without explanation - no private message to me about why - is there something I can do to re-open or a rule I  violated?

Thank you!  :)

squeakers

Re: Closed Thread?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
I am guessing you violated the "no venting" allowed rule.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

kareng57

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
Your best bet would be to email the mods.  You can do it through the "report this post" function.

Do not try to open another thread on the topic; it will get closed even faster than the first one.

SiotehCat

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
You can also private message them.

Surianne

• Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »
I'm guessing Squeakers is correct.  Here's a bit more info on the "No venting" rule, and how to avoid breaking it:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=22841.0

Your post was sort of a vent/advice hybrid, where I think even you weren't sure whether you were venting or asking  :D  You did have some good etiquette questions in there, but it's possible the mods thought it was still a bit too venty, particularly because you actually used the word "vent".  Because they're pretty busy, sometimes they'll jump on a vent-like thread pretty quickly if they think it will get out of hand. 

If you still want advice on that particular situation, you could try PMing a mod and asking if it's okay to start a new thread on the same subject if you tone down the venting and make it clearly about etiquette advice.  I'm not sure if they'd be cool with that or not, but asking politely can't hurt.

(If you don't know how to find a mod or PM one, let us know, if I don't reply quickly I'm sure another poster will help!)