Author Topic: Gisele Bundchen Blames Pats Loss On Teammates  (Read 7405 times)

TheaterDiva1

Gisele Bundchen Blames Pats Loss On Teammates
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201202/tom-bradys-wife-blames-patriots-teammates

Don't really know who to blame here... basically, Giants fans were taunting Gisele after the Superbowl and saying no-so-nice things about her husband, Tom Brady.  She tried to ignore it and walk away, then she lost it and publicly blamed his teammates for their loss.

guihong

• Super Hero!
Re: Gisele Bundchen Blames Pats Loss On Teammates
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
The hecklers were rude, of course, but Gisele didn't have to say what she did.  It takes a lot of work and winning to even get to the Super Bowl, and they'd won it 3 times already.  She was calling out the receivers, when there were other turning points that changed the game besides the drops. 

I  just think she might have had class and thanked her husband's teammates for a wildly successful season, even in disappointment.

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
I would take it with a grain of salt.  There's no actual footage of her saying anything, from what I understand.  And the story is that she was being hassled by these guys.   So I'm a little skeptical of the accuracy of what they're saying she said and the circumstances surrounding it.   

Even if she did say what was reported, it doesn't sound *that* bad, she simply pointed out that her husband doesn't play solo and can only do what he can do.   If they were specifically attacking her husband then I think it's a perfectly ok thing to point out in response.  Those hecklers should be ashamed of themselves.
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

CuriousParty

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
I think her response, while not the best possible one, was understandable. That was a hard loss, not only was it the Super Bowl, but it is the third time in four years, including two Super Bowls, that the Pats have lost in the final minutes to the Giants. There is such a thing as sports etiquette and being a good winner/sore winner, and I think the Giants fans behaved horribly. Especially with personal attacks on her husband who, by all accounts, played an absolutely remarkable game with receivers who were not at their best. I give her credit for trying to walk away.

And for the record, I'm a Giants fan. I loved watching the postgame coverage last night and this AM, but couldn't stomach the Pats coverage - they were in such agony my heart broke for them.

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »
This has been reported by multiple news sources so I will give some credibility to the story. Having said that...

The fans were rude. Gisele is paid to sell products, not give her husband good luck charms so his team will win. Heckling anyone is rude. Heckling the spouse of one of the players is lame. What on earth is she supposed to do about the missed passes?

Gisele was rude. She should not be calling out her husband's teammates. Gisele been in the public eye long enough to have gone through media training; she knows how to handle this type of situation. I am surprised she lost her temper. She has always seemed more even-keeled than that.

Having watched the game, I can also say that her husband also might want to throw the ball to his teammates and not way off to the right or way over their heads. I do recall at least one fumble. I also recall, the players not being able to get to the ball because it was thrown to where they were not.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 06:51:43 AM »
I am very glad I live a life where cameras don't catch my muttered comments.  If she had made those comments publicly, in a press release or an official announcement, I'd call her rude.  But I imagine a lot of fans were having similar muttered conversations.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid her comments were hurtful to her husband's teammates.  That's a bigger issue, IMO.  He has to throw to a lot of these guys again next year.  One of the sportscasters summed it up best - he said it's rarely good for family members to publicly weigh in on a game, because of course they're going to be biased and emotional.  That's probably good advice from the Little League to the pros.

mlkind1789

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:57:44 AM »
Here's the way I see it...were the hecklers rude?  Heck, yes.  They shouldn't have been saying that to her, she is the wife of a player, she didn't deserve that.

Was she ok in saying that?  Nope, not at all.  She was just as out of line as the hecklers.  She threw her husband's teammates under the proverbial bus.  Her husband made just as many mistakes in the game as anyone else.  Their loss was not just on his teammates and I think she owes the rest of the team and her husband an apology.  What she said was not just hurtful, it could potentially cause issues for her husband with his teammates and she needs to learn how to keep her composure in times like that or stop coming to the games.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »

Gisele was rude. She should not be calling out her husband's teammates. Gisele been in the public eye long enough to have gone through media training; she knows how to handle this type of situation. I am surprised she lost her temper. She has always seemed more even-keeled than that.

Actually, she is pretty outspoken about lots of things. A few years ago, when her child was born, she publicly made some pretty disparaging and judgemental remarks about women and breast feeding, amongst some other things. She did later apologize but you can't really un-ring that bell... I haven't really been a fan of hers since.

Having said that, I am not gonna throw her in the flames on this one. She wasn't exactly 100%inaccurate in her statements anyway and, in this case, she was provoked. The fans were rude to heckle her. Hands down. She responded in kind.   

Do I think she should comment at all? Not really, for the reasons that Just Lori  and Mlkind mentioned. However, if she were just a football fan commenting on the game no one would care; She'd be just another passionate football fan. It's only because she's a) a famous Supermodel and b) Tom Brady's SO that this is even news.

Tai

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:34:26 AM »

Actually, she is pretty outspoken about lots of things. A few years ago, when her child was born, she publicly made some pretty disparaging and judgemental remarks about women and breast feeding, amongst some other things. She did later apologize but you can't really un-ring that bell... I haven't really been a fan of hers since.

Having said that, I am not gonna throw her in the flames on this one. She wasn't exactly 100%inaccurate in her statements anyway and, in this case, she was provoked. The fans were rude to heckle her. Hands down. She responded in kind.   

Do I think she should comment at all? Not really, for the reasons that Just Lori  and Mlkind mentioned. However, if she were just a football fan commenting on the game no one would care; She'd be just another passionate football fan. It's only because she's a) a famous Supermodel and b) Tom Brady's SO that this is even news.

This this this. 

The thing is, the guys that dropped passes are the ones that are, 99% of the time, the most reliable ones on the field.  As a Pats fan, I've watched every game.  The dropped passes and missed opportunities all came from guys that have been on the team for a minimum of 2 years and have been as reliable as clockwork.  (and yes, I will admit to yelling something along the lines of "Just trust Ocho!" at Brady in the last minute of the game- Ochocinco is the big name WR signed last off-season that has done little more than tweet a lot and take up a roster spot). 

And Gisele... She needs to not open her mouth to the media.  Support your husband, great.  But don't alienate him from his teammates by tossing blame. 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
Everyone failed. Gisele should have kept her mouth shut, the fans should not have been heckling her.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
Hecklers were rude, but I think Gisele shouldn't say anything not previously prepared or thought out.  This isn't the first time she said something which the words may have come out wrong.  I kind of know what she means to say for this and incidents in the past, but the actual words used make her look bad.

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »

Interesting. I did not know that.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
I am very glad I live a life where cameras don't catch my muttered comments.  If she had made those comments publicly, in a press release or an official announcement, I'd call her rude.  But I imagine a lot of fans were having similar muttered conversations.

That is part of what goes with the territory for the obscene amounts of money she and her husband rake in every year. 
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

lollylegs

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 03:27:11 AM »
Yeah, if it happened as it was reported then everyone was rude. But I hate it, absolutely hate it, when the fans of a sports team blame a players girlfriend/wife for a loss.

>:( >:( >:(

I should probably employ the Coke rule right about now.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

That is part of what goes with the territory for the obscene amounts of money she and her husband rake in every year.

Granted, I don't care for Giselle personally but I still find this kind of provocation completely unacceptable. 
Just because they are celebrities it doesn't make it okay IMO.I think that despite their careers, they are still entitled to at least the common courtesy's that we afford everyone; A bit of privacy and benefit of the doubt being just two of them. Yes, of course they are going to have to make a few sacrifices of privacy in public, and perhaps it would behoove them to watch their mouths, but at the end of the day, they are still human.

Yeah, if it happened as it was reported then everyone was rude. But I hate it, absolutely hate it, when the fans of a sports team blame a players girlfriend/wife for a loss.

Me too.
It seems to happen to celebrity wives/gf's though and not the non-celeb partners. Jessica Simpson, Carrie Underwood, Hillary Duff, Kim Kardashian... now Giselle... all of them got heckled, and some even harassed horribly by fans of their partners sports teams. I think Jessica Simpson  stopped going to support her then beau Tony Romo all together because it got so bad.
I just don't understand this at all...