Author Topic: Gisele Bundchen Blames Pats Loss On Teammates  (Read 7722 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Gisele Bundchen Blames Pats Loss On Teammates
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 09:33:44 AM »
I don't think they were blaming Giselle for the Pats loss, they were just harrassing her. I am sure it doesn't happen just to celebrities, either, they're just the ones you hear about. No one cares that you got ribbed for your team losing if you aren't Giselle, or Jessica Simpson, or someone else fun to talk about. It happens all the time, to regular every day sports fans. It's just not as much fun to gossip about Sally from apartment B dissing the receivers as it is when blondie the supermodel does it.

Meh.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:17:14 AM by hobish »
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

mlkind1789

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
I am very glad I live a life where cameras don't catch my muttered comments.  If she had made those comments publicly, in a press release or an official announcement, I'd call her rude.  But I imagine a lot of fans were having similar muttered conversations.

That is part of what goes with the territory for the obscene amounts of money she and her husband rake in every year.

Granted, I don't care for Giselle personally but I still find this kind of provocation completely unacceptable. 
Just because they are celebrities it doesn't make it okay IMO.I think that despite their careers, they are still entitled to at least the common courtesy's that we afford everyone; A bit of privacy and benefit of the doubt being just two of them. Yes, of course they are going to have to make a few sacrifices of privacy in public, and perhaps it would behoove them to watch their mouths, but at the end of the day, they are still human.

Yeah, if it happened as it was reported then everyone was rude. But I hate it, absolutely hate it, when the fans of a sports team blame a players girlfriend/wife for a loss.

Me too.
It seems to happen to celebrity wives/gf's though and not the non-celeb partners. Jessica Simpson, Carrie Underwood, Hillary Duff, Kim Kardashian... now Giselle... all of them got heckled, and some even harassed horribly by fans of their partners sports teams. I think Jessica Simpson  stopped going to support her then beau Tony Romo all together because it got so bad.
I just don't understand this at all...

It can happen to the non-celeb partners too, unfortunately.  Casey Matthews, who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles, has said in interviews that fans have made his fiancee cry on more than one occasion by heckling her.  It's horrible that people act that way.  She's just there to support the man she is going to marry and being verbally abused for it.  Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
While the fans behavior is reprehensible, Giselle (as opposed to other football wives) is a public figure. She has had cameras in her face since she was a teenager and should, by now, know how to handle it.

It is inexcusable, to me, for her to throw her husband's teammates under the bus. She could easily have defended her husband without doing so. Better yet, she could have kept silent and maybe, just maybe, someone would have written about her grace under pressure (but I doubt it).

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
While the fans behavior is reprehensible, Giselle (as opposed to other football wives) is a public figure. She has had cameras in her face since she was a teenager and should, by now, know how to handle it.

It is inexcusable, to me, for her to throw her husband's teammates under the bus. She could easily have defended her husband without doing so. Better yet, she could have kept silent and maybe, just maybe, someone would have written about her grace under pressure (but I doubt it).

But there weren't cameras around when she said this. This is all based on hearsay at this point.
That attitude bothers me in general though. Yeah, she's a public figure and should be used to being in the spotlight, but why isn't she allowed to have an opinion? Or get upset? She definitely could have handled it better but why are celebs expected to keep silent about things and the rest of the world isn't? Why do we expect celebs to act as if nothing ever bothers them? It's unrealistic and very unfair.  I guess I am finding myself more and more annoyed with this idea that celebs are open targets for everyone but heaven forbid one actually gives it back.  According to what we know, she was defending herself and her husband from rabid, rude, possibly drunk Pat's fans; She wasn't having a diva fit in public.

And you're right, if she had kept silent, no one would have written about how graceful she was. Instead, someone would likely accusing her of not going to bat for her husband.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »
Both my local sports talk radio station, and MSNBC (tv) played clips of it.

Frankly, i would have gone all Courtney Love all over them so i have no room to talk  :P but i consider that all part of sports, no harm, no foul and all that  - except for throwing the team under the bus. That's just in poor taste.

ETA: You can see the clip on Popwatch if you want to see it for yourself.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:34:45 PM by hobish »
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »
Both my local sports talk radio station, and MSNBC (tv) played clips of it.

Oh. I didn't know that there was a recording... thanks. I thought it was all hearsay...

Either way, I still think people are being a little harsh. Like I said before, I don't like her, and understand the unspoken rule about sports wives, but I still think people are being incredibly unfair.

lollylegs

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »

But there weren't cameras around when she said this. This is all based on hearsay at this point.
That attitude bothers me in general though. Yeah, she's a public figure and should be used to being in the spotlight, but why isn't she allowed to have an opinion? Or get upset? She definitely could have handled it better but why are celebs expected to keep silent about things and the rest of the world isn't? Why do we expect celebs to act as if nothing ever bothers them? It's unrealistic and very unfair.  I guess I am finding myself more and more annoyed with this idea that celebs are open targets for everyone but heaven forbid one actually gives it back.  According to what we know, she was defending herself and her husband from rabid, rude, possibly drunk Pat's fans; She wasn't having a diva fit in public.

And you're right, if she had kept silent, no one would have written about how graceful she was. Instead, someone would likely accusing her of not going to bat for her husband.

I think both points have validity.

I personally have very little patience for celebrities who moan that they can't even get a coffee without being photographed. That's a well known facet of celebrity life, and very few people become celebrities by accident, so if you didn't want to deal with paps, you shouldn't have pursued this particular career.  There is, of course, a line, but generally, I think celebrities should expect to 'on display', so to speak, when they are out in public (just the celeb, though, not their children or families).

Of course Giselle can say whatever she wants but surely by now she must realise that a lot of what she says will travel around the world and she will have to deal with the backlash.  I'm not saying that it's cool or fair, but that's the case.

In this particular instance, thought, I've changed my mind and I'm one hundred per cent behind her.  If someone blamed me for my partner's bad work solely on my presnce, I would probably lose it too.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
This is classic Giselle.  She's a very opinionated individual.  Between her opinions on breastfeeding, pregnancy weight gain and the receiving corps of my beloved New England Pats, I find her to be a terribly ignorant snob.  (Of course, I might be opinionated as well and still wish Brady had married Massachusetts native, Bridget Moynihan.) 

Sure, the Giants fan was rude, but I think throwing her husband's teammates under the bus (for some pretty bad passes), is far worse!
Formerly Mrs.Bart

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
At the very least, it's extremely short sighted. From everything I've read and seen, being a XBaller's wife can be very difficult, and it's a very small club. You upset your husband's coworkers? Makes for a pretty crappy working environment for him, and for a lot of awkward team get togethers.

Mikayla

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »
<<snip>>

And for the record, I'm a Giants fan. I loved watching the postgame coverage last night and this AM, but couldn't stomach the Pats coverage - they were in such agony my heart broke for them.

I totally agree (except the part about being a Giants fan) :)  It's hard to defend what she said, but I've never seen a team take a loss like this.  I think a lot had to do with the fact that they had dedicated their season to their beloved owner's wife (Myra Kraft) and there was so much emotion. 

I don't know if you read that report about the hour after the game and how Brady acted, but he was just torn apart.  And then there were clips of Giselle trying to comfort him.

I can't give her a complete pass, but her comments didn't bother me that much.  And I seriously doubt it impacted Brady's relationship with his teammates.  He's been with Welker for years and a strange comment by a wife won't impact that. 

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
I just think the whole thing is funny, because the Giants seemed to catch Brady's passes pretty darn good... maybe she should yell at them to not catch them  :P
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

mlkind1789

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »

Of course she is allowed to have an opinion and support her husband, but she should not be doing it in a way that may be harmful to her husband's relationship with her teammates.  There are so many ways she could have expressed her displeasure with the way the game played out without throwing the other guys under the proverbial bus.  Particularly when her husband didn't exactly play his best, either. 

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »

Of course she is allowed to have an opinion and support her husband, but she should not be doing it in a way that may be harmful to her husband's relationship with her teammates.  There are so many ways she could have expressed her displeasure with the way the game played out without throwing the other guys under the proverbial bus.  Particularly when her husband didn't exactly play his best, either.

Absolutely!  What gets me is that Brady, himself, made some mistakes and yet, she only calls out his teammates.  Bad, bad, form!  But then, she's never been a classy lady. You would think she'd know how to handle herself by now.  Blah.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
This is classic Giselle.  She's a very opinionated individual.  Between her opinions on breastfeeding, pregnancy weight gain and the receiving corps of my beloved New England Pats, I find her to be a terribly ignorant snob.  (Of course, I might be opinionated as well and still wish Brady had married Massachusetts native, Bridget Moynihan.) 

Sure, the Giants fan was rude, but I think throwing her husband's teammates under the bus (for some pretty bad passes), is far worse!

I couldn't agree more! 

I'd be willing to give her a pass if this wasn't "classic Giselle."  Unfortunately, its' pretty typical of her.  She should think before she speaks. 

Mopsy428

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »

I agree with this (although I think the fans were Giants fans.) I also do think she has a point about catching passes (If Welker catches the ball at the 20 yard line, the Pats would have been hoisting their 4th Lombardi trophy...but they had many more opportunities, so there is plenty of blame to go around.)

Anyway, I think she should have ignored them, but I do think this media coverage of what Gisele said is a bit ridiculous and is being blown way, way, WAY out of proportion.