Author Topic: I've not heard of this one - update page4  (Read 17982 times)

gingerzing

Re: I've not heard of this one - update page4
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:36 AM »
UPDATE

The bride has kicked the groom out.  Not for mental anguish or irreconcilable differences or anything like that.  No, it was because "You don't earn enough".

Yup.  completely shocked that the bride would be more concerned with how much HE made.  (For the record, how much does SHE make.  What? Good for the goose is good for the gander)

BarensMom

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
That guy should be thanking his lucky stars for his escape.  Just think what a miserable existence that would be, married to such a mercenary woman.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 10:33:39 AM »
UPDATE

The bride has kicked the groom out.  Not for mental anguish or irreconcilable differences or anything like that.  No, it was because "You don't earn enough".

Yup.  completely shocked that the bride would be more concerned with how much HE made.  (For the record, how much does SHE make.  What? Good for the goose is good for the gander)
I was wondering the same. Maybe your aunt can ask for a refund of the money she gave.

"I gave you a $200 with the expectation that you'd stay married at least 20 years. That's $10 per year. Since you survived less than one, I expect a $190 refund. Here's a cute bag to put it in."

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
I have posted before about a woman I know who decided she wanted to marry her twin sister's husband's brother (sister's BIL) because twins should marry brothers.  So she managed to break up his marriage (yes, it takes 2 to tango but she gladly admits to aggressively pursuing him), then she absolutely bankrupted him with her high class tastes (yes, she worked, but he was to take care of her in the manner she expected don't ya know).  She bragged about trips to Hawaii, Florida, months at the beach, dinner every night at the country club (filet mignon every night was her only acceptable meal).  When his business went belly up, she left him because she was not living with a man who couldn't keep giving her everything.  This is not a supposed idea...this is exactly what she said !  And she is not in the least bit embarrassed by it.  There are people like this among us, but it amazes me that there are women who are still like this.  I am so independent that I actually have turned some men off because I did not simper and bat my eyes and want them to be my knight in shining armor instead of my equal.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »
UPDATE

I am shocked! Just SHOCKED!   That it took this long for Ms Mercenary to realize that fact. You would think she would have had him audited before the wedding.

More shocking than discovering that gambling is going on at Rick's!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Drunken Housewife

• still coherent
    • my blog
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
I hope not too many people sent their bags in before the wedding got cancelled.  I have a suspicion that the refunds policy might not be the best...
http://www.drunkenhousewife.com

BeagleMommy

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »
Wow...I just.....uhm.....wow.

christmascarol

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2013, 02:49:33 AM »
OP here...

I've no idea what she does but it's a good question.  I do know he has his own business and is co-owner of another, both very successful, so she's not existing on the breadline.  I do wonder wjat, if she's prepared to give up on all that, she's got in mind for her financial future.  He's already in his own place, so it can't have been just a bluff to get more out of him. 
Good point about asking for the monetary wedding `gifts´ back.  But is it e-hell approved?  Can you ask for wedding gifts of any kind to be returned?

Teenyweeny

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2013, 04:19:40 AM »
I think that if the couple do not actually get married (or if the marriage is annulled, so that legally, it never took place), then they should give the gifts back since you don't get a gift to celebrate an event that didn't happen.

If the couple divorces, even after a short while, then the gifts (like the rest of the marital property) get split between them.

johelenc1

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »
Were they married yet?  You think she might have had an idea of what he made BEFORE they were engaged. 

I say send a token cash gift (even a $10 gift card to Starbucks) to the fiance/husband as a congratulations gift:-)

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2013, 02:30:03 AM »
If the wedding takes place the gifts are given.
However you do get a year to give a gift...

bloo

Re: I've not heard of this one
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »
You could always write a check, which is paper, is it not?, for one cent.

But that would be terribly passive aggressive.

Yes. And that would be wrong.

But I'd totally be tempted.

I...don't know. They specified money. They specified paper. They provided an envelope into which the gift was meant to fit, and a check surely would. Are the guests really expected to read between the lines--after all that detail has been provided!--and guess at an appropriate amount? Surely if it mattered, the happy couple would have specified that, as well.

I agree especially as money isn't made of paper.  It's made of linen and cotton.  Checks are made of paper  >:D

How about an invoice for how much it would cost to be present at the wedding and the gift-giver has clearly marked it 'PAID'?

If the best present is their presence and all?

>:D

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »
The best karma for her would be, after the divorce is barely final, the ink still wet, his business takes an extreme leap forward, and he starts bringing in huge sums of money. When she finds this out, and decides what a horrid mistake she has made, and tells him how much she loves him, and wants him back, he either a) laughs at her, loudly, and puts a warning in the personal columns, or b) takes her back, but she would be on a strict budget, and also would have to sign a ridiculously low payout prenup.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »
My sympathies for him are pretty limited, because by the time they walked up the aisle he had a really good idea of what she was like and he married her anyway.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

christmascarol

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:13 AM »
My sympathies for him are pretty limited, because by the time they walked up the aisle he had a really good idea of what she was like and he married her anyway.

I SO agree with this.  Completely.  But I dislike her more because of her reasoning.

Folks, they got married.  It lasted barely a year but they've already had the wedding/cash grab.