Author Topic: WWYD?  (Read 20986 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: WWYD?
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »

Order out because who wants to eat my cooking anyway?!

WWYD if you found $$$ in your washing machine and didn't know whose it was?

Keep it, because either myself or mom will use it, and i would be 100% positive that it was either mine or mom's money.

WWYD if the Doctor asked you to go on a trip with him (Whovian here... sorry  :-[)

Go.  In a heartsbeat. (hee hee hee)  Of course, I'd ask to be taken back to where I was when I left, so I wouldn't be concerned about the cats.   

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
WWYD if you pulled back the curtain to look outside and found yourself face to face with a scarecrow?

I would probably say, HELPPPPPPP!!!!!

I was gong to say a bear, but that was too scary.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:49:33 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »
Actually, the scarecrow would be more frightening than the bear.  After all, bears can travel on their own.  Scarecrows can't do that.  Someone had to put it there or the supernatural was involved.  Either way, it would be much more creepy than a bear.

WWYD if you had the power to single-handedly ban any TV show. 

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Actually, the scarecrow would be more frightening than the bear.  After all, bears can travel on their own.  Scarecrows can't do that.  Someone had to put it there or the supernatural was involved.  Either way, it would be much more creepy than a bear.

WWYD if you had the power to single-handedly ban any TV show.
I was thinking that Scarecrows don't have claws and fangs.  However, you're right.  I would opt for him getting there under his own power although imagining a scarecrow crawling, rolling and slithering across the corn field is kind of unnerving, isn't it? 

I cancel TV shows all the time.  I just take them off of my record list, change the channel or turn off the TV.  That way no one gets mad at me.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
What would you do if you were required to build a float for the Rose Parade and had never done any kind of float before?

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »
What would you do if you were required to build a float for the Rose Parade and had never done any kind of float before?

1) Google Fu!!!!!
2) Advertise for experienced volunteers.
3) Have fun.

WWYD if you were stuck inside for the entire weekend having to do homework, with a major deadline looming? The weather is great and the rest of your family is outside having a blast? (Not that I'm speaking from experience here...)

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »

I would probably win the prize for most wackiest float ever made! I would use my inexperience as a way to showcase all my wacky thoughts. It would probably have large cardboard cutouts of teen idols from the 90s and it would play old corny music and everyone on the float would dance like Carlton Banks.

WWYD if you were absolutely sure a friend lied to you about a minor thing but they don't own up to it when challenged about it?  Would you let it go or would it color your opinion of them?

ETA: How on earth did someone else post while I was typing and why does this always happen to me even on the lesser used threads!  I guess there's two WWYDs for the next poster to address.  LOL ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:31:55 PM by MacadamiaNut »
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

JennJenn68

« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »
Okay... it's been a week, and nobody has risen to the challenge, so I'll do it 'cause there's two of them and I hate watching threads pine away and die...

WWYD if you were stuck inside for the entire weekend having to do homework, with a major deadline looming? The weather is great and the rest of your family is outside having a blast? (Not that I'm speaking from experience here...)

Um... probably ignore the deadline, go outside, and then end up frantically pulling an all-nighter to try and make up for it, and then turn in work that I'm sure that I could have done better.  Yes, speaking from experience here.  (Still remembering a major essay that I wrote in one fell swoop contrasting Faure's Requiem with Durufle's Requiem, with both works in question on a continuous loop on my CD player.  I got through it in six hours just in time to watch the sun come up, and then had to drive to class to hand it in.  I love both of these works but I couldn't listen to them for at least a year afterward!)

WWYD if you were absolutely sure a friend lied to you about a minor thing but they don't own up to it when challenged about it?  Would you let it go or would it color your opinion of them?

It would definitely colour my opinion of the individual in question.  I don't treat deception lightly and I have an absolutely pathological horror of lies.  I would let the matter go on the face of it but I would never trust that person again.

WWYD if you developed the ability to see the future for other people (but not yourself)?

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
Hmm. That's a tough one.
Spider Robinson did a short story about that, only this precog only saw injuries and tragedies.  :-\

It would really depend on what I saw. I'd probably try really hard to keep my mouth shut and not meddle. But I don't think I'd like it very much.

WWYD if you woke up and all the animals you saw were strange colours (emerald green, shades of purple etc)?

JennJenn68

« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »
I'd suspect that I'd been "smoking them funny cigarettes", as my father is wont to say... and I'd start taking pictures to see if I am, in fact, going bonkers.  I already know, however, that I mislaid my sanity years ago!  I wonder what colour my kitties would be? ;D

(I know that short story by Spider Robinson--"Fivesight", and weirdly enough, I just finished re-reading it last night.  It was kind of the inspiration to my question.  Now, that's either spookily coincidental... or one of us is going psychic!)

WWYD if somebody ran into you with a supermarket cart while you were shopping... and then spoke snippily at you for being "in the way"?

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »

This has happened to me before, but I'll be a lot politer now than I was back then!

WWYD if you could be a cartoon character for a day? Who would you be?
Stewart/Colbert '16

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »
I would be Wilma Flintstone. I think it would be neat to live like that for a day. 

WWYD if a jungle cat were chasing you and you had only two options:
1) keep running in the hopes it will give up chasing you OR
2) climb a tree in the hopes that it won't climb the tree after you.
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »
Totally climb the tree. I'm a really slow runner and my nickname should be "cat food".
At least in a tree I can kick at the cat or break off point branches for weapons!

WWYD if you gradually became aquatic? (I chose gradually because having it come on suddenly would kinda bite, especially if you woke up in bed one morning flopping around like a hooked trout.)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2012, 03:11:43 PM »

Because the Rose Bowl parade mandates that all decoration used on the float must be vegetable matter, I would make the world's largest salad bowl.

Think of it. 

The bowl could be made of twigs and bark.  It would contain gigantic, rotating sprays of celery stalks, fountains of lettuce with fans to make the greenery flutter in the wind.  A baseball pitching machine would send sprays of red beets and blue Andean potatoes into the air.  The float would look much like a vegetal fireworks display. 

The edges of the bowl would be decorated with festoons of vine tomatoes, grapes and ivy.

Wouldn't it be a lovely sight? 

WWYD if you only had a 50 dollar bill and only needed to buy a garlic clove?

missanpan

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
I would go ahead and buy the garlic clove. Luckily, I live near a large supermarket where such things would not have such a huge affect.

WWYD if you could change just one thing from your past?