Author Topic: WWYD?  (Read 23032 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: WWYD?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 01:13:51 AM »
I'd take whoever made the offer up on it, of course.

WWYD if you needed one ingredient to make a dish.....but the local grocery store was closed for whatever reason?

Depends on the ingredient.  If it was a major one, e.g. you were going to make beef stroganoff but lacked the beef, I'd say make something else.  But if you were missing a particular spice or if you were baking a cake and needed another egg there are ways to substitute for it.  Of course, that also depends on what was missing and what I was making - if I was making chili and found that I didn't have any cayenne pepper I could work around it because I put a lot of spicy ingredients into my chili, like canned tomatoes and chili and a shot of medium heat chipotle salsa, so it would come out with some heat anyway.  But if I was making a chocolate cake and was minus the cocoa, then I'd have a problem.

Oops, forgot the WWYD question:

WWYD if you were doing a family pedigree and found out that you were related to a criminal?  For instance, you found out that Great-Great Uncle Fred was hanged as a murderer in 1870. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:16:06 AM by Sirius »

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 07:45:59 AM »
Hehe. Add him to the list of crazy people in the family. As a bonus, I'd get to annoy my mother, who maintains that everyone in her family tree is perfect (at least the ones related by blood, anyway).

WWYD if you found out you were distantly related to a nobleman and you were going to inherit the title by default when he died?
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »
I'd renounce my peerage!

For the record, only two or three people have done so, so that they could either become or stay as Members of Parliament.

WWYD if you found a carrier bag of money and were allowed to keep it?
NE England

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
I would give a good part of it to local charities and cultural institutions.  I'd also spend some of it on fun stuff and save the rest.

WWYD if your pet cat or dog suddenly grew human hands and feet instead of paws?

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »
Wonder what on earth her bree.der had been outcrossing with!

WWYD if you could pass any law you wanted, provided it was trivial?
NE England

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 11:18:09 PM »
Walk on the right.  As a pedestrian, I would like this law enacted ASAP.  :)

WWYD if you innocently found yourself in the midst of a full-on bar brawl? (i.e would you watch or go?)

Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

JennJenn68

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:31 AM »
Run away!  Run away!  Seriously, I don't even like it when people argue in front of me... :(

WWYD if you came home and found that your husband had purchased a full-sized steam calliope and it was sitting there in your driveway for all the world to see?  (My husband keeps threatening to do this... ;D)

Gyburc

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:12 AM »
I'd retreat to the sidelines and mentally award points for good form and technique.

(Wild haymakers score an automatic -50.)

;D

WWYD if you saw your favourite film or TV star walking down the street?

Edited - sorry JennJenn, we posted at the same time!
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

MacadamiaNut

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2012, 11:59:28 AM »
I don't have a husband so I would wonder when that happened and I don't know what a steam calliope is so I guess I would just have on this face:  ???

If I saw my favorite film or TV star on the street I would say hello and try to have a conversation if they were alone.  If they were caught up with other people, I would probably just keep walking.

WWYD for a Klondike bar?  ;D

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »
Ask for it politely and accept "no" if that's the answer.  ;D  (Thanks, Etiquette Hell!)

WWYD if you could do anything you wanted, anything at all, for just one hour?
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

JennJenn68

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
I don't have a husband so I would wonder when that happened and I don't know what a steam calliope is so I guess I would just have on this face:  ???

It's large, obnoxious, makes annoying pseudo-music, and is weird enough to be Nerd Guy Heaven.  I've never seen one, and I'd better not ever see one in my driveway!

Back to the thread... If I could do anything I wanted for just one hour... I would go back in time so as to be able to warn my mother that yes, she really should get that breast lump looked at ASAP. :(

WWYD if suddenly your native language changed drastically enough that you could no longer understand it?

MacadamiaNut

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2012, 05:28:05 PM »
Thank you for the reply, Jenn!  With your explanation, I would like to revise my face to this:  ::)

If my native language suddenly changed I would be alright since my native language is not my common everyday language.  I would be sad about it though.

WWYD if it became apparent that the kid sitting across from you on the train was taking pictures of you with their smartphone?

CakeBeret

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
I would smile benignly and fantasize about doing something quite rude. :)

What would you do if given the choice between going to a rock concert and a ballet?
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »
Depends on which rock concert and which ballet. If I could go back in time and see Queen with Freddy Mercury... ooo la la!

WWYD if you could fly?
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »
Depends on which rock concert and which ballet. If I could go back in time and see Queen with Freddy Mercury... ooo la la!

WWYD if you could fly?

Travel.  Travel.  Travel.  I'd love to go to distant places, but I don't like to fly in planes. 

WWYD if you found out that you'd won a 5000 sq ft house free and clear?  And it can be in any part of the country you desire?