Author Topic: What happened to the Delete Account option?  (Read 6746 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: What happened to the Delete Account option?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
I'm trying to delete my account as well.

You don't like us?  :'(

Breezygirl

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Often you have to ask a mod or the admin to remove you, and then on a lot of forums it simply says under the username " No longer a member."
Someday, somehow, somewhere.....

hellgirl

• Procrastinator-extraordinaire!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
I don't understand what's wrong with the account staying up. Remove all non-required information, change the time zone, change your handle, etc. Your posts won't go away, so it won't be a help to you there.

I can see how a million deleted accounts might make for some extremely confusing threads if the posters are showing up as "guest" in all of them.
I was just looking for how to do this!
The problem with the account staying up is for people like me who need to stop procrastinating, and so aren't safe around an open account (and who use a browser that won't let them block a website).

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »
I don't understand what's wrong with the account staying up. Remove all non-required information, change the time zone, change your handle, etc. Your posts won't go away, so it won't be a help to you there.

I can see how a million deleted accounts might make for some extremely confusing threads if the posters are showing up as "guest" in all of them.
The problem with the account staying up is for people like me who need to stop procrastinating, and so aren't safe around an open account (and who use a browser that won't let them block a website).
Do you mean "I want to delete this account because if I don't, I can't resist posting."?

If there is no direct way to do it, and you are certain that you never want to post here again, go into your profile details and change your password to some random thing that you won't remember.  (Pick a phrase you just heard on the TV, or something out of a library book, for instance.)  Tell your browser "Never remember this password" (if you have that option.) Voila!  You can no longer post, because you can't get in.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »

Do you mean "I want to delete this account because if I don't, I can't resist posting."?

If there is no direct way to do it, and you are certain that you never want to post here again, go into your profile details and change your password to some random thing that you won't remember.  (Pick a phrase you just heard on the TV, or something out of a library book, for instance.)  Tell your browser "Never remember this password" (if you have that option.) Voila!  You can no longer post, because you can't get in.

A slightly-less-permanent option is to ask your spouse or a friend to change your password for you, and to change the reminder email to their email address.  That way you can get your account back someday if you really want to, but you'd have to actually admit you gave in  :P