Author Topic: Please help me find local attractions in the US!  (Read 14723 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Please help me find local attractions in the US!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
Bolt bus and Mega bus have vey good reviews and a good safety record.  I've done bolt bus a couple of times and it was fairly painless. Some of the other services don't have such a good record

Cereal Killer

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2012, 08:51:55 AM »
Just came to thank you all for this great help! We decided on the following itienary:
Las Vegas - flight to Miami - bus to Orlando - train to Washington DC - bus to Toronto/Niagara Falls - train to New York.

I'm very satisfied with this plan and can't wait for the 3 weeks before leaving to pass! We're taking a few of those Chinatown buses, as fairly painless is exactly the level of luxury our budget allows.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »
are you traveling directly from WDC to Niagra falls via bus?  That is a looooong bus ride :)  You go girl

Instantkarma

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
Just came to thank you all for this great help! We decided on the following itienary:
Las Vegas - flight to Miami - bus to Orlando - train to Washington DC - bus to Toronto/Niagara Falls - train to New York.

I'm very satisfied with this plan and can't wait for the 3 weeks before leaving to pass! We're taking a few of those Chinatown buses, as fairly painless is exactly the level of luxury our budget allows.

i definitely suggest taking bolt bus instead of the actual "chinatown" busses.  bolt is owned by greyhound and aside from being cheap its a lot safer then the chinatown busses (that arent really regulated at ALL - i could share lots of horror stories)  but the bolt bus is more comfortable and has outlets for computers and somtimes wifi.

Cereal Killer

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2012, 04:00:19 AM »
are you traveling directly from WDC to Niagra falls via bus?  That is a looooong bus ride :)  You go girl
Seems to be 11 hours to Toronto. It's overnight, so I hope to get some lousy sleep and a neckache.
i definitely suggest taking bolt bus instead of the actual "chinatown" busses.  bolt is owned by greyhound and aside from being cheap its a lot safer then the chinatown busses (that arent really regulated at ALL - i could share lots of horror stories)  but the bolt bus is more comfortable and has outlets for computers and somtimes wifi.
Oh, I thought all the cheap buses are called Chinatown bus. Well, anyway, we're taking Bolt and Megabus, which seem to be ok.

elephantschild

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
Niagara Falls, NY, USA?! :D  I used to work so close I could hear the falls from my office. (At night, anyway, when everything else was quiet.)  Let me know if I can offer any advice!

There's not much to see on the U.S. side except for that giant waterfall; however, that's what you need to see anyway. :)  Totally  nothing like it. Try the Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds if you really want to get the full impact. It's surrounded by the oldest state park in the nation.

Edited to add: Oy, I didn't realize that this was an older thread.  :-[  Hope you had a blast!
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling