Author Topic: Birthday party and firemen hats.  (Read 1820 times)

Gumbysqueak

Birthday party and firemen hats.
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
Planning DS third birthday party.  Being a typical boy he loves fire trucks, thus the party theme. The kids will get a party favor box.

Question:
One of DS gifts is a firefighter outfit with hat, jacket, etc. Should I also provide fire fighter hats for the other kids?  Example: http://www.amazon.com/kids-child-Fire-Chief-Firefighter/dp/B0018G4D08/ref=lh_ni_t

NyaChan

Re: Birthday party and firemen hats.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
Cute :)  I think that's a great idea for a party favor.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
I don't think there's any etiquette rule on whether you have to, but they seem cute and inexpensive and I'm sure the kids will love them.

Gumbysqueak

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
OP here. Thanks. Ordering the hats right now. :)

O'Dell

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
Cute! For sure those will be a hit.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

MurPl1

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »
Do you have a fire station nearby?  Ours loves to come out to parties and neighborhood events (we're a small town without a lot of action).  And they have stickers that they hand out as well. 

Or maybe you could see if he could come for a tour later and give that to him as another "present"

The703

• Formerly ND Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »
A word of caution on the hats. They look like they are plastic and they are easily crushable and will break.

We have a good friend that is a firefighter and for DS's 3rd b-day he had his friends at the FD in our town bring the firetruck over. They got everything out and were letting the kids sit in the truck and they fully extended the ladder. It was really neat. Afterwards they gave them all firehats (they look just like the ones you are ordering).

Hazelthyme

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »
Planning DS third birthday party.  Being a typical boy he loves fire trucks, thus the party theme.

Slightly OT, but be careful, Gumbysqueak -- you never know where this will lead!

Brother #1 was just like your DS at that age -- loved, loved, LOVED fire trucks, firefighters, and everything even slightly related to red trucks and sirens, et al. Our parents have a wonderful picture of Bro, about 3, with a plastic fire hat on his head and a big toy fire truck in the other, grinning from ear to ear.

Bro never outgrew his love of fire trucks and firefighting, and is now a professional firefighter. Several years ago, for a milestone birthday, Sis borrowed the picture of Pre-School Bro playing fireman, and also got hold of a more recent picture of Adult Bro in full gear, in front of a fire truck.

Coolest birthday cake I've ever seen.

-HB