Author Topic: Destination Wedding...oh wait, not so much.  (Read 9007 times)

Secret

Re: Destination Wedding...oh wait, not so much.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »
I remember reading on this site how some people wished they had have pulled out of their wedding, even the minute before they went down that aisle.  I commend these two for not going through with it- the repercussions with friends and family not as important as their gut feelings telling them it wasn't the right time.  I just can't fault them for putting a nice spin on something sad really.  If this had happened at a church at their hometown, people would still have needed to travel there and it would have ruined many peoples plans just the same.  I think the only difference is that it looks like these two are still together and didn't totally break up when they got cold feet.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »
Lol. My first reaction on reading this was, "But he currently plays for the Oakland Raiders. Why are they mentioning where he used to play?" Clearly I need a break from football... Oh wait. Longest off-season in professional sports. :(

That's okay, it was my first reaction too! :)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
Was trying to sort out my reaction and I think this commenter on the original article put it perfectly:

I have absolutely no problem with any couple deciding that they're not ready for marriage and then changing their original marriage plans, which may have been made in impulse or even extended impulse. However, I do have a problem with the following, from the news article: 

"“That stuff is just crazy,” he said. “Jenny’s a good person and I’m a good person. I don’t even know why people would put all those lies out there. ” He said the two decided to go ahead with the trip to the Caribbean Island and “just made a vacation out of it.”

If you're going to make a vacation out of your original plans, then at least have the decency to tell the invited guests. Regardless of whether they paid for the travel and their stay at the venue, common courtesy says that they made plans to be with you for a specific reason. If that reason is no longer there, tell them and let them determine if they want to make the trip, or to continue the trip, as soon as possible. That's common courtesy at the minimum.

Yes. Because if they had purchased travel insurance, they might get it back. Or they could pay the fee to transfer their tickets to some other locale or a better timing.

heartmug

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
Well at least they didn't keep the gifts (coughkimkardashiancough).  Did they pay for anything?  Like everyone's ticket down there?  If not, I would bet if they do have a wedding it had better be state-side.
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

Instantkarma

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
i wonder when they changed there minds for good? because if it was only a day or so before i can see them not saying anything with the assumption that noones plans could be changed