Author Topic: "Babies having babies!"  (Read 39200 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: "Babies having babies!"
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
One day at Walmart with the munchkin, I had taken him into the restroom to change him and there was a very young looking girl waiting for a toilet and when she saw Piratebabe, she said "Awww!" and rubbed her belly saying "I'm going to have a baby.  Everyone thinks I'm so young to be having a baby but I'm not!   

Thinking that, like me, she must be older than she looks, maybe early 20's and oft taken for a teen, I asked how old she was and she answered "Seventeen!" I looked at her and didn't say anything, thinking "How is that not young?"  Heck, people told me I was young to start having babies when I told them I was 22!

Though truly I could understand a 17 year old getting defensive to the point that she defends before anyone accuses.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »
My best friend Abbey was 15 years old when her little sister May was born. When May got a few years older and Abbey would take her out to play or run errands, she couldn't believe how many dirty looks and comments she got. She got totally fed up with people assuming (positively or negatively) she was May's mother! ::)
My parents also had me later in life. Consequently my half brother (who was grown and out of the house when I was born) became my assumed dad when he picked me up from school, and when I was little and out with my mom I'd be confused by strangers sweetly saying things to me like "and where are you and your grandmother going?"
Oy.
Don't ever assume any relationship between people. It just makes you look like an idiot.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:37:09 PM by Softly Spoken »
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2012, 03:58:11 PM »
My brother was 15 when my oldest was born and there were times when he and my parents would take the kids to a relative's that was a ways away, there were some areas where my parents were thought to be the boys' parents and places where people assumed my brother was the dad. 

I'm hoping for bff's sake that when we go to the beach this summer, no one says anything like "Oh your grandon's so cute!"  Granted Piratebabe is young enough to be her grandson, all 3 of my boys are since she's old enough to be my mother, but I'm sure she doesn't want to be reminded of it.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata