Author Topic: Sidewalk shoveled  (Read 1271 times)

Reader

Sidewalk shoveled
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
BG:  I live in West Michigan.  Thursday night we had a snowfall, so when I went off to work the next day we had a fair covering over everything.  When cleaning off my car I noticed that the snow was of a very wet variety and heavy.  Thinking to myself because I have 2 jobs, M-F, that it was going to be be a big pain to do all the clean up especially after people walked on it and packed it down after 11 hours of work so I was not looking forward to it. End BG

Imagine my surprise and delight to come home from my first job to a completely cleared off sidewalk! At first I thought it could of been one of my tenants until I had one of those light bulb moments and on a hunch called my neighbor to see if he had done it.  He has surprised me in the summer by mowing my small front lawn on occasion, but normally isn't big on shoveling.  It was in fact my neighbor.  He had said the snow was very heavy and that he had possibly worried that I might have injured myself in its removal. So I thanked him profusely and promised him goodies from the next time I bake. 

(on a side note, it snowed again so the sidewalk is covered again and will need shoveling today, but it's no where near what we got the day before so it should be a very easy cleanup and my dog will love being out with me while a shovel, so I call this a double win!)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Sidewalk shoveled
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »
We got a pile of that wet heavy stuff yesterday, too.  I was clearing my driveway with my snow blower when I discovered that one of my auger shear pins is broken.  So I put the blower away and my neighbours helped me shovel the snow to the side and then they ran their blower up the side.  It meant I didn't have to fix the pin right then and there.  In return, they are parked in my driveway because they have company this weekend.

I love having good neighbours.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Reader

Re: Sidewalk shoveled
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »
Me too!  So I went out to shovel on Saturday and found the new covering of snow was under an inch and very easy shovel and since my sidewalk didn't take too much time to clear I ended up returning the favor and shoveling his front sidewalk.