Author Topic: Taylor Swift gets invited to prom by cancer-ridden boy.  (Read 10273 times)

ShanghaiJill

Re: Taylor Swift gets invited to prom by cancer-ridden boy.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
On the flip side, a girl in our town thought she won a trip to the prom with some vee-jay.   She was stunned when rapper Ludacris showed up to take her. 8)

How cool is that?

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »
On the flip side, a girl in our town thought she won a trip to the prom with some vee-jay.   She was stunned when rapper Ludacris showed up to take her. 8)

How cool is that?

Probably cool to the girl, but as a parent I'd have a serious problem with it.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

How cool is that?

I hope this was several years ago - Ludacris is in his mid 30's by now!

Mikayla

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
Sadly, I read that her counter offer (for him to be her date at the ACM Awards last night) had to be cancelled, because he ended up in the hospital the night prior with a worsening condition. 

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 02:31:13 PM »

How cool is that?

I hope this was several years ago - Ludacris is in his mid 30's by now!

I was thinking more along the lines of how completely offensive the lyrics to many of his "songs" are.  That sort of tells me what kind of person he is and I wouldn't want my daughter anywhere near him.

Knitterly

• That other knitting blog
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »
I agree as well.  She did a really nice thing, but the whole story rubs me the wrong way.  I don't think it's fair to try to pressure a celebrity into doing what you want, or face bad publicity, and it bothers me that the Facebook tactic was rewarded.

I also agree.  This seems to have become a new trend and it bothers me.  I don't blame the boy.  I don't think he had anything to do with it.  But it started with the soldier inviting Mila Kunis to some dinner and it's gone on from there to all sorts of celebrities.

I don't doubt celebrities have been receiving these sorts of invitations for decades, but I dislike the public pressure.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »
I agree as well.  She did a really nice thing, but the whole story rubs me the wrong way.  I don't think it's fair to try to pressure a celebrity into doing what you want, or face bad publicity, and it bothers me that the Facebook tactic was rewarded.

I also agree.  This seems to have become a new trend and it bothers me.  I don't blame the boy.  I don't think he had anything to do with it.  But it started with the soldier inviting Mila Kunis to some dinner and it's gone on from there to all sorts of celebrities.

I don't doubt celebrities have been receiving these sorts of invitations for decades, but I dislike the public pressure.

This isn't even the first time Taylor's been involved in something like this. http://family.auburn.edu/page/taylor-swift-hugs-auburn

ettiquit

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
I really don't like how the boy's sister handled this "campaign".  The sense of entitlement is really off-putting.

On one hand, I agree that it's rude to pressure celebrities into doing things like this, but on the other hand, how else will I ever get a date with Taye Diggs??

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »
I really don't like how the boy's sister handled this "campaign".  The sense of entitlement is really off-putting.

On one hand, I agree that it's rude to pressure celebrities into doing things like this, but on the other hand, how else will I ever get a date with Taye Diggs??

LOL, ask Idina?