General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

Bad Relatives: Evil MIL

<< < (8/12) > >>

Addyson:
God! I'm very sympathetic of your experience in the family of your husband, especially the your poor son get discrimination in his grandparents'. And by the way, I'm Asian too, the word she said: "Oh, I didn't know if you people would eat sandwiches.  I don't keep any rice in the house."  If i were there, I would definitely break out!! And abuse her and all the insulted things she did to me and my poor son, Asharah, you know, sometime, you can't be so tolerant, you need to be strong to prevent any damage!

Shoo:

--- Quote from: Sophia on March 14, 2012, 09:38:45 AM ---Hillbilly/Redneck/ArmyLifer

--- End quote ---

I have heard of hillbilly.  I have heard of redneck.  I have never heard of "armylifer."  What does it mean?  It sounds derogatory toward people in the army.

ladymaureen:

--- Quote from: Shoo on March 24, 2013, 12:57:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sophia on March 14, 2012, 09:38:45 AM ---Hillbilly/Redneck/ArmyLifer

--- End quote ---

I have heard of hillbilly.  I have heard of redneck.  I have never heard of "armylifer."  What does it mean?  It sounds derogatory toward people in the army.

--- End quote ---
An Army lifer is someone who will be in the Army for his/her entire working life, as opposed to someone who is in the military for a while and then becomes a civilian.

Sophia:

--- Quote from: ladymaureen on March 24, 2013, 02:18:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shoo on March 24, 2013, 12:57:03 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
An Army lifer is someone who will be in the Army for his/her entire working life, as opposed to someone who is in the military for a while and then becomes a civilian.

--- End quote ---

Yep, just meant factual.  While Hillbilly and Redneck can be said as insults, sometimes like in this case, they are just factual and descriptive. 

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: Addyson on March 24, 2013, 01:46:05 AM ---God! I'm very sympathetic of your experience in the family of your husband, especially the your poor son get discrimination in his grandparents'. And by the way, I'm Asian too, the word she said: "Oh, I didn't know if you people would eat sandwiches.  I don't keep any rice in the house."  If i were there, I would definitely break out!! And abuse her and all the insulted things she did to me and my poor son, Asharah, you know, sometime, you can't be so tolerant, you need to be strong to prevent any damage!

--- End quote ---

This isn't Asharah's story, she just reposted it as a classic.  Just didn't want you to get confused...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version