Author Topic: Kid's Birthday Party Bag of cr*p  (Read 10649 times)

Ms Aspasia

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Bag of cr*p
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »
At DS's preschool parents used to bring something small to hand out on birthdays, like a cupcake, lollypop or bubble blowing mixture; and the kids seemed thrilled.  After parties, a small lolly bag is typical here and in my circle this tradition goes back at least 35 years.  Clearly the cost would be trivial compared to something like a bag full of plastic toys.

SciFiLeslie

• Hello Sweetie!
  • Rule #1: The Doctor lies
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
OP Here!  The party was today.  I ended up giving bags of candy.  But thanks for all the great suggestions.   I bought a huge assortment bag and divied everything up.  [Somehow the atomic fireballs did not make it into the kids bags...oops!  But they are my favorite so they will not go to waste ;)] I tied them tight so the parents would have to open them so they could control what gets eaten.  No plastic garbage filler at all!

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
When did it become common practice to give party attendees a bag full of cheap plastic landfill fodder?  Kids never play with it much past the day of the party.

Is there a simple alternative I can do for my son's upcoming 7th birthday?
If you want to give something my sister
1. Has had a pinata with candy
2. Had the kids make some type of art project. One time they made plates. Another time they painted ceramics.

Cousin had a set up were they took pictures of the kids dressed up like superheroes and they printed the pictures out as to take home. (Geeky relatives set up their printers at her house it took 3 or 4 printers to get it done)
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future