Author Topic: Pictures of the Ex  (Read 6040 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Pictures of the Ex
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »
Depends on the ex.

Speaking for myself, there is a time when the ex is "that person I broke up with, and seeing him makes me feel bad". Then, after a while, he becomes, "that person I used to know, and had some good times with. Seeing pictures of that makes me feel good."
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

courtsmad25

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »
This is a silly question but if you are still in comunication with your ex, have you asked them if they would like them?

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
This is a silly question but if you are still in comunication with your ex, have you asked them if they would like them?

Not a silly question at all, but I am most definitely not in communication with my ex. I've decided to toss the couple-y ones, and pass on some of the group shots to a mutual friend who wasn't so good with taking pictures back then.

Isometric

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »
I threw mine away, but before I met DH I didn't have any serious relationships - few months to a year.

DH went overseas with his ex. He threw the ones of just her away, but landmark ones he scanned, put on his hard drive and told me about it. (If I did/didn't want to see them)

Personally, I wouldn't like to see pictures of my DH with a previous partner. I haven't kept mine because that chapter of my life is closed. (I'm fairly sensitive about the whole previouse partner thing though)