Author Topic: Was Walking Out Rude?  (Read 9153 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Was Walking Out Rude?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
I feel that Katie was retaliatory rude, personally speaking. She accepted that. But she said on the phone "He can say what he likes to you and (DF) and gets away with it?! I'd had enough!! I'm sorry for saying that in front of his wife, it was a mistake. But he needed a taste of his own medicine." A part of me agrees with her. I had spoken with Michael Jnr about his son's...er, conduct???...in a bar full of people. I was told "I don't tell you how to do your job, don't tell me how to do mine." Fair dues.

Whatever. I will still go out with Katie (having a 6mth old herself she knows how important it is to go out!), but just not to Chambers. :( It's sad. I have made a lot of friends there but my new life is just elsewhere now!!

Thank you guys

xxx

PS I know it wasn't eHell approved, but DF said "Way to go!!" When I told him what had happened, he was actually quite happy. He dislikes Michael Jnr. Reasons in OP. :) I maybe sort of understand why she did what she did. She's a good heart. Just maybe not eHell approved. xxx
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

O'Dell

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
If this guy is so awful, then why the heck do you all interact with him? Don't go to that bar. Or leave when you see he's there (you said yourself you could have). Or get your beer and move to seating away from him. It's silly to subject yourself to such rude behavior that you (general you) are tempted to retaliate or "give someone a taste of their own medicine".

If Young Michael were someone Katie couldn't avoid, her comment would have been understandable if still rude. She and you could easily have walked away from the situation long ago.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »
I feel that Katie was retaliatory rude, personally speaking. She accepted that. But she said on the phone "He can say what he likes to you and (DF) and gets away with it?! I'd had enough!! I'm sorry for saying that in front of his wife, it was a mistake. But he needed a taste of his own medicine." A part of me agrees with her. I had spoken with Michael Jnr about his son's...er, conduct???...in a bar full of people. I was told "I don't tell you how to do your job, don't tell me how to do mine." Fair dues.

Whatever. I will still go out with Katie (having a 6mth old herself she knows how important it is to go out!), but just not to Chambers. :( It's sad. I have made a lot of friends there but my new life is just elsewhere now!!

Thank you guys

xxx

PS I know it wasn't eHell approved, but DF said "Way to go!!" When I told him what had happened, he was actually quite happy. He dislikes Michael Jnr. Reasons in OP. :) I maybe sort of understand why she did what she did. She's a good heart. Just maybe not eHell approved. xxx

True. I embolden my sentence. I have given him benefit of the doubt for too long. End of story, I just do not go there.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
OK, so you have spoken to the bar owner about how his son treats patrons, and got a rude brushoff in reply? I don't think this bar is optimized for survival.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »
OK, so you have spoken to the bar owner about how his son treats patrons, and got a rude brushoff in reply? I don't think this bar is optimized for survival.

It is dying. I felt bad for the bar, that is why I still made the decision to go...howver, after this...I cannot blame people for avoiding it!!!!

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »

It is dying. I felt bad for the bar, that is why I still made the decision to go...howver, after this...I cannot blame people for avoiding it!!!!

big surprise there.

so Michael Jr. can dish it out but he obviously can't take it.  there was no way for Katie to know that the gal behind the bar was Michael Jr.'s wife.  she probably shouldn't have said what she did, but i'm not feeling really sorry for Mikey J. here. 

Hollanda, continue to vote with your dollars and go elsewhere.  not only for your girl nights with Katie, but when you go out with DF as well.

penelope2017

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
Are you asking if following your friend out after the bar owner/worker threw her out rude?

I'm confused as to what your question is. How could leaving after your friend who you were out with was thrown out be rude?

I'm also confused as to why you and your friends continued to patronize a place or at least sit within earshot of someone who continued to create such a hostile environment for you personally and your circle of friends. That's not my idea of getting out for fun, or for a quiet night to talk to a friend.

But, were you rude after your friend insulted the (however boorish) bartender and he forcibly asked her to leave to accompany her out? Obviously not. Did you really think you should have stayed behind?