Author Topic: Wedding Mix Tape from Ehell  (Read 1262 times)

daen

Re: Wedding Mix Tape from Ehell
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 12:06:40 PM »
R. E. M's "To the one I love."

Granted, I can't figure out what the lyrics mean after the first two lines, but "This one goes out to the one I love/This one goes out to the one I left behind"  does seem to indicate that the two are one and the same person.

I can't remember - has anyone nominated "(You've lost) That loving feeling"?

magicdomino

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
R. E. M's "To the one I love."

Granted, I can't figure out what the lyrics mean after the first two lines, but "This one goes out to the one I love/This one goes out to the one I left behind"  does seem to indicate that the two are one and the same person.
I can't remember - has anyone nominated "(You've lost) That loving feeling"?

The next two lines are easy enough:  "A simple prop to occupy my time.  This one goes out to the one I love."  Okay, he's out on the road, noodling on a guitar, thinking about the girlfriend waiting at home.  Repeat endlessly.  But the lines about "fire (she's coming down on her own now)" are pretty obscure.  The girlfriend has to come down from drug highs without him to support her?  She's coming to visit him on her own dime to ignite the fires of passion?  I like the song, but have the distinct impression that the writer was just fooling around, not intending to write a hit song.

(You've lost) That Loving Feeling.  Just what every bride and groom needs to hear.  Excellent choice for the Mix Tape from Ehell.   :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 07:19:47 PM »
Two Black Cadillacs gets my vote.