A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Cute Pet Stories

<< < (23/31) > >>

Mental Magpie:
I was lying in bed, watching TV on my laptop (which means I was nearly flat on my back with the laptop on my chest (I'm near-sighted and didn't have on my glasses)) when Colossus barged into the bedroom and waltzed right up to my side of the bed only to lean against it.  Leaning = pet me now!  He even leans on my legs when I'm standing upright (I try not to stand still in my uniform so he doesn't have a chance to get it all furry before I got to work).  I had a free arm, so I started to pet him, but as my focus narrowed in on what I was watching, my hand grew still.  Cue the big doofus turning around and resting his chin on my elbow.  I petted him then left off again, only for him to turn once again to rest his chin on my elbow and stare at me.  I did it one more time just to see how long he would leave his chin on my elbow.  Turns out he is a very patient dog: 3 minutes 24 seconds.  I think the only reason he stopped was because the Eagle walked in the room.

wonderfullyanonymous:

--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on February 06, 2013, 09:23:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: wonderfullyanonymous on February 06, 2013, 09:20:49 PM ---Many years ago, before I knew him, DF had a Jack Russel and a wolf hybrid. The Jack Russel had a leather glove that he loved to play with, and one day while he was playing with this glove, the wolf got a bug in his rear and took off after the Jack Russel. DF says that he thought the wolf was going to kill the Jack, and started to call him back. Instead of going after the Jack, he went after the glove. He grabbed the glove and took off around the yard at a dead run with the Jack flying in the breeze with him. He says it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

--- End quote ---

Wait...so the Jack was still attached to the glove that was in the wolf's mouth?  That's hilarious!

--- End quote ---

Yes, Jack had a firm grip on that glove and was literally flying with the wolf running around the yard.

Mental Magpie:
That's awesome!  ;D

Lillie82:
Not sure if this really counts as a "pet" story, but it was funny at the time, though probably it did help to be there:

We were at a training class where there were many dogs of different breeds.

Head trainer (talking to assistant): I need you to help me with the bull mastiff.

(Beat)

Assistant: I don't think so.

(Maybe I find it funny because I'm reminded of "I don't think so, Tim" which Al on Home Improvement) says when Tim asks for help with something dangerous. Though I don't know why the assistant was so intimidated by the mastiff.)

mmswm:

--- Quote from: Lillie82 on February 09, 2013, 02:49:17 PM ---Not sure if this really counts as a "pet" story, but it was funny at the time, though probably it did help to be there:

We were at a training class where there were many dogs of different breeds.

Head trainer (talking to assistant): I need you to help me with the bull mastiff.

(Beat)

Assistant: I don't think so.

(Maybe I find it funny because I'm reminded of "I don't think so, Tim" which Al on Home Improvement) says when Tim asks for help with something dangerous. Though I don't know why the assistant was so intimidated by the mastiff.)

--- End quote ---

Awwww.  Poor maligned mastiff :(  As a mastiff owner, I do find the story humorous since I've seen the way people react to his sheer size.  Nevermind that he's just a big, doofy, oaf who thinks the whole world loves him and wants to play with him.  Well, almost.  If he thinks you're a threat to my boys, then his entire demeanor changes before you can blink, but barring that, he's a sweetie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version