Author Topic: Cute Pet Stories  (Read 22502 times)

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
Cute Pet Stories
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »
This is Little Kit

as you can see she likes to explore :D

You might note from the first photo that she has a magnet on her collar which allows her and only her access through her catflap. This way no smelly-silly-boy-cats can come in and steal her food.

Well, shortly after we installed the new cat flap our very nice neighbours (VNN) had a party, they told us it would be loud, go on late, and that we were more than welcome to join them and of course if we were bothered to let them know.

The next day in wanders Lil Kit with beer bottle tops stuck to her collar  ???
DH's first words were "what cruel person would stick those to her collar!?". It took a few moments for us to realise that as an avid explorer she had been sniffing around the VNNs garden after the party, but before they cleaned up, and they just stuck to the magnet 

The VNNs were mortified when we told them, but saw the funny side. (We thought it was hilarious)

Since then she's had nails, bolts, paperclips, staples and one time a spoon attached  ::)

What cute stories (and pictures  ;D) of your pets do you have?

Oh, the top picture is of her getting neck scritchies from DH after eating part of a Brazil nut because she had to have what DH was having  ::)
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards -
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsnCraftsbyCarol

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Cute Pet Stories
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
I have a story that goes back about 45 years. 

We had a beagle named Murphy.  Every Christmas he would receive a pet stocking with doggy treats and toys.  Murphy loved his toys but there was one he never seemed to like.  It was a green plastic suitcase.  Perhaps it had an odd scent or he found the shape boring.  Other toys were taken out on a regular basis but that one always remained in the box beside his bed -- until one day.

We were in the TV room discussing a family vacation trip.  Murphy was happily playing on the floor with a favorite toy.  All of a sudden he got up and walked out.  In a few moments he returned with the green suitcase. 

We always wondered if he knew what we were discussing. 

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Lol! Love it :)
Ireland

Christabeldreams

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »
I remember once when I was younger, I was very upset about something, so I hugged my big fuzzy cat while he was sitting on the dining room table. I sort of expected him to squirm away, but he sat very patiently, purring and letting me cry into his fur.  :) He's such a lovable fuzzball.

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:46:39 PM »
I had a shelf at the bottom of my enterainment center that was full of books all standing up. My Henry kitty (R.I.P.) was young and running amok around my apartment when he made a beeline for the shelf, took a paw to one of the books causing it to come out from the rest of the books and settle on the floor in front of it. When I went to see what book had been pulled out from amoungst all my text books and romance novels, the title read "How to Live with a Neurotic Cat."

Arizona

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28:18 AM »
I had a shelf at the bottom of my enterainment center that was full of books all standing up. My Henry kitty (R.I.P.) was young and running amok around my apartment when he made a beeline for the shelf, took a paw to one of the books causing it to come out from the rest of the books and settle on the floor in front of it. When I went to see what book had been pulled out from amoungst all my text books and romance novels, the title read "How to Live with a Neurotic Cat."

He is just gorgeous!
Ireland

diesel_darlin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
We had a big fluffy kitty named Chester when I was growing up. He passed at the ripe old age of 15. Chester was the sweetest cat ever. You could pick him up, sling him over your shoulder, scratch his back, and he would be a kitty puddle. He had really big paws, so when he kneaded your back, it felt really good!

We think Chester had quite a bit of Maine Coon in him. We never knew who his mom and dad were, because he appeared as a kitten on my Grandmas back porch. Of course she just haaaaaaaaaaaaad to keep him. (sis and I were awfully persuasive ;D) Chester was huge! And very poofy!

Well one day, Chester was sprawled out in my PawPaws chair. I went over to pet him, and I announced to him that I thought he was 98% hair, and 2% pusscat. Chester promptly reared his head back, and bit me square on the hand! That was the first and last time he ever bit anyone! I think I hurt his kitty feelings!  ;D

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
Casper and Spooky are two unrelated kitties that my parents adopted from the SPCA when I was 11 or 12. They happened to share a cage and they couldn't bear to leave one behind, so they both came home with them.

Casper happened to be a very smart cat. Spooky...well...not so much. Honestly, as much as we all loved him, he was just about the dumbest cat I've ever seen. One day Spooky was just bugging the heck out of Casper. He wanted to play, Casper didn't, and Spooky wasn't taking no for an answer.

Mom got home from grocery shopping and as usual, tossed one of the paper shopping bags on the floor for the kitties to play with. Spooky immediately leaped into the bag. Casper casually strolled over and laid across the opening, effectively trapping Spooky. Dumdum apparently couldn't figure out that he could have easily clawed his way out of the bag-he kept trying to burrow out the opening, but Casper wasn't moving.

Mom & I looked at each other and agreed that we weren't getting in the middle of their issue and went about our business.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »
Okay, one more.

I have a cat named Sammy. When we first got him, of course it took time for us to get to know each other, etc. After a few weeks it was clear that we were going to be a happy family.

I knew that he genuinely loved me was when I came home from work sick one day. He became so excited that I came home-during the day!-to be with him that he raced around the room, bouncing off the furniture squeaking (he doesn't meow-he squeaks), fur puffed out and purring like a maniac. He even came and slept on the bed with me, which at that time he never did. I felt so loved... :)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »
LOL! Poor Casper! ;D

Awww Sammy is a good kitty :)

My Bubba isnt a very loving kitty. Hes a grouch, basically. One day I came home from work sick with a stomach bug. That darn cat laid on my belly for two days until he was certain that I was going to live. I loved the sentiment, but it sure was difficult dealing with a stomach bug, and a kitty on my belly!  :P

Nikko-chan

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »
My dearly departed Ginger-kitty was a funny one. At one point in her life, she decided that 'Mommy must be protected from the Evil Things. I will protect her!' (what the evil things were I do not know) and in order to do so, she lay at the foot of my bed every night, purring away, with her face towards the door, so she could see whomever came into my room.

Another story. This takes place when Gingy-girl was just a few years old, and she was very skittish at the time. I had just gotten back from the hospital after having a seizure, and I was so tired I didn't want to walk all the way into the back of the apartment to my room, so mom helped me to the couch, and lay on the floor next to the couch in case I would need something during the night. Ginger, being the sweet kitty that she was, sensed something not right about this arrangement and promptly leapt up upon the couch and lay at my feet. I reached down to pet her and to my amazement, she did not move. She lay there the whole night with me.

And this third one... oh I should be cast into the great big firey place for laughing at this but... well, my Ginger was a great big fluffy cat and we would give her a yearly bath. Oh by the pitiful yowling coming from her mouth one would think we were killing her! She would scramble up try to find purchase, fail, and start the process all over again. After doing that she would stand there, being held into place by me while mom sudsed her up, and she would howl. And then we drenched her in water to rinse her and *Snicker* She looked like a drowned rat. Afterwards she would sulk off to lick herself clean and give us that 'How dare you get me wet!!' look.    :D

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
We had a black cat (Blackie) that was a real hunter.  We had to bath him twice in his lifetime, that I remember.  Once when he was sprayed by a skunk and once when he had intestinal issues, likely due to some critter he ate.  It was late fall and we had a fire going in the fireplace.  Mom had bathed him in the laundry sink, wrapped him in a towel and brought him upstairs, putting him on the fireplace hearth in front of the fire.  He sat there for an hour, grooming all his fur back into place.

This same cat had a fascination with the warm clothes in the dryer.  Mom was forever fighting him to keep him out of the dryer, off the clean clothes.  One day, he jumped in after all the clothes were out.  So Mom closed the door, let the drum go around once and opened it again.  He took off like a shot and never bothered her while she was doing laundry again.

He was incredibly smart; he was trained not to roam the house, just the basement, kitchen and family room and outside.  Every once in a while, he'd go upstairs to the bedrooms but he usually yowled to let you know he got passed you.  If you couldn't find him, you'd just run the electric can opener and he'd be *right there* (days before pull tabs on the canned catfood).

The next cat (Tuffy) we got wasn't so smart.  We couldn't train him not to run the house.  But Mom twitched his nose with the fly swatter one day and he was afraid of it after that.  All she had to do is put it down on the floor in the hall and he wouldn't go over it, effectively keeping him from roaming.  We stepped over a fly swatter, lying on the floor for *years*.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
This happened today, actually, and I missed it because I was at work.

I have 3 "whole" boys, and 4 "whole" girls and because of this, they are kept seperate from each other. Right now I have a couple of girls in heat which is driving the boys crazy. 

Today, DF heard Havoc talking nearby. This is not unusual for Havoc, he is a talker. DF looked to talk back, and saw that Havoc had crawled onto the back of Duke, who is our Great Dane. He had his paws wrapped around Dukes neck and was playing scrabble with Dukes head. Duke was not amused.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
*wipes tears away* Okay now that is funny.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »
I have one for ya, my FSIL told me today, that her 8 week old kitten Empress is so attached to mama that when Judy (FSIL) was in the kitchen washing dishes, Empress snuck up on her and started climbing up her clothes to perch on her shoulder to be by her. Just the visual made me melt, as Empress is the sweetest little girl you could ever see!