Author Topic: Cute Pet Stories  (Read 22496 times)

greencat

Re: Cute Pet Stories
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 05:41:26 AM »
I just got robbed.  My glasses got stolen while I was sleeping.  Fortunately, I was able to recover them from underneath my kitten's bed!

emwithme

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »
If you wake up in the middle of the night while you're catsitting, because you *think* you can hear your keys being jingled, don't just turn over and go back to sleep.

In the morning you will have to interrogate three cats as to what *exactly* they were doing with your keys - and more to the point - where they've hidden them*

*answer: Playing, and in the cat box under the furry blanket.  Of course. 

kitkatswing

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »
My husband currently has a very bad ear infection and has temporarily (we hope!!) lost all hearing in that ear. He cant hear that great out of the other one at the moment either...

He was in his computer room doing whatever it is he does and Maui (our Jack Russell) ran out of the room barking... He came back about 2 minutes later and barked LOUDLY at my husband, who dismissed him, thinking he wanted to play...

It was only when Maui grabbed his sleeve and pulled him that he decided to follow him, low and behold our neighbour was at the back door (we always use our back door, never the front, we love this neighbor too)!!!

So Maui is now my husbands "hearing" dog :) It was just so cute and so smart... No wonder I love that dog :)

EmmaJ.

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
My husband currently has a very bad ear infection and has temporarily (we hope!!) lost all hearing in that ear. He cant hear that great out of the other one at the moment either...

He was in his computer room doing whatever it is he does and Maui (our Jack Russell) ran out of the room barking... He came back about 2 minutes later and barked LOUDLY at my husband, who dismissed him, thinking he wanted to play...

It was only when Maui grabbed his sleeve and pulled him that he decided to follow him, low and behold our neighbour was at the back door (we always use our back door, never the front, we love this neighbor too)!!!

So Maui is now my husbands "hearing" dog :) It was just so cute and so smart... No wonder I love that dog :)
That is just awesome!!

Jones

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »
So I was driving back to work from lunch and I saw a house with the sprinklers on. My first thought was "Sprinkling in the middle of the day?? What are they on??" and my next thought was "Why are all those little rocks on the lawn...they're MOVING!"

Folks, there were at least 20 small ducks waddling, dancing, and grooming under those sprinklers. It was awesome and cute.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
So I was driving back to work from lunch and I saw a house with the sprinklers on. My first thought was "Sprinkling in the middle of the day?? What are they on??" and my next thought was "Why are all those little rocks on the lawn...they're MOVING!"

Folks, there were at least 20 small ducks waddling, dancing, and grooming under those sprinklers. It was awesome and cute.

I would have loved to see that!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

magicdomino

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »

Beats pink plastic flamingos by a mile.   :D

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »

Is there a video?

Jones

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »

Is there a video?

Sorry, no; since I was on my way to work I didn't stop to make a video, I was on a time constraint. I promise I'll drive by that house more often and hope to capture a similar moment in the future.

LibraryLady

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2012, 05:13:46 PM »
My husband left on Friday to go fishing with some friends.  Frank the cat has been searching for him (Frank is a girl). She has been warting me to death; sleeping with me at night, on the couch while watching the Yankee/Detroit games and yesterday while while we watched the Giants/STL game too.   Even while I was in the sewing room working on quilt blocks, she had to be stationed in the door to keep an eye on me. 

She gives such a pitiful meows too.

LL

EmmaJ.

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »
My husband left on Friday to go fishing with some friends.  Frank the cat has been searching for him (Frank is a girl). She has been warting me to death; sleeping with me at night, on the couch while watching the Yankee/Detroit games and yesterday while while we watched the Giants/STL game too.   Even while I was in the sewing room working on quilt blocks, she had to be stationed in the door to keep an eye on me. 

She gives such a pitiful meows too.

LL

Autocorrect, I hope!   ;D

Poor Frank.  Too bad we can't make our pets understand it's only temporary.

greencat

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »
I think "warting" is a perfect expression for the way a cat clings - because it does feel like you've developed a cat-shaped tumor (a wart is, technically, a tumor)!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »
My friend is fostering a kitten, who is about five weeks old now. She was up late one night, and apparently little Pumpkin was up all night with her! I came over the next day, and Pumpkin was literally on my face, gnawing on my glasses (he has tiny teeth, I am not too worried). His little head started to droop, and before I knew it he was asleep... on my face. I woke him up with my laughing.

I then grabbed him and let him perch upon my shoulder, where he was very content to fall asleep.

Today he fell asleep in my arms, held like a baby, while I rubbed his chest and belly to keep him asleep. Gah I love that little kitten!

greencat

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »
There's nothing cuter than watching a teeny kitten pass out in the middle of doing something - I swear they're all narcoleptic.

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
Our adult dog did that once. She was trying to tell us that it was bedtime but we were talking. She finally just gave up, following our conversation turning from side to side while sitting, then Bam! She just fell over asleep.