Author Topic: Cute Pet Stories  (Read 26663 times)

Alli8098

Re: Cute Pet Stories
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2014, 01:19:30 PM »
Our female kitty, who is unofficially DH's sweetie pie (I bought her for him when she was 7 weeks old, he picked her out of a litter of 8 kittens) can be very aloof.  However when she wants to play she lets you know loud and clear.  She will bring her favorite string toy, drop it at your feet, and meow at you very loudly until you play with her.  She's about 5 years old now and still continues with this habit.  It's funny because she'll leave us alone for hours and then suddenly has to be the center of attention. 

This is also the same kitty who used to bully the other two grown cats out of their food when she barely weighed 3lbs.  She's also played the same game with DH since she was a kitten.  She'll come up to him and meow very loudly and insistently for attention.  He'll go to pet her and she'll run a foot away and then meow again.  She'll keep doing this getting him to chase her until she finally let's him catch her to cuddle with him.  He is the only she'll do it with, it's quite funny to see my burly husband chasing after and cuddling our little kitty.

And just one more story; my siamese mix who is 15 this year is a hugger.  He will stand on his hind legs and wrap his front legs around your neck and bury his head into you.  He's been with me since I was 19, and is just as cuddly as ever.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »
Take one very fluffy dog. Add an almost empty peanut butter jar. You get hours of entertainment.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2014, 12:18:34 AM »
I was sitting here watching TV and managed to fall asleep. I woke up with a fat kitty cat on my lap. Nature called so I had to get up. When I sat back down, Bubba decided that he needed to lay as close to me as possible, making sure he dug his hind claws into my rear for good measure.  ;D

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2014, 12:16:22 AM »
We keep the Akitas in their kennels when we're out. Whomever was driving is usually the first person to enter the house, then Six, then the other adult. Six usually let's the Akitas out of their kennels right away. Everything must have been timed perfectly today because...

Banshee (female) was out of her kennel, Colossus (male) was still in his, but I was walking past the kennels. Banshee followed me but Colossus bounced* in his kennel, waiting impatiently and whining to join us...except that Six had already opened his kennel and he could have. He was so focuse on me having walked past him that he didn't realize he was free. He was bouncing and whining with fervor...for nothing.

*They both do this very excited bounce and wiggle wherein they all but stomp their feet fervently and wag their tails emphatically.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

BarensMom

« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
Another Baren story:

One year, we took Baren to "Street Vibrations," a huge motorcycle event in Reno.  We were walking around the outskirts of the event, when we came upon a group of rough-looking biker dudes with their ladies.  They all ooh'ed and ahh'ed over the little guy, who promptly went belly-up.  It was amusing to see big, leather-clad, tough guys and gals on their knees scratching his tummy and giving him kisses. 

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »
Take one very fluffy dog. Add an almost empty peanut butter jar. You get hours of entertainment.

LOL!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »
I have another nearly empty jar of peanut butter. This time, I'll get pictures.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »
Same deal with one cat and an almost empty yogurt container.

Tuffy loooovvvveeeed yogurt.  When my Mom would get one out, he'd be up on her lap in a flash, trying to stick his head in.  So Mom started putting a spoonful on the lid.  If she ate quick, she could finish her container while the cat ate what was on the lid.  Then she'd put the empty container down for the cat.

One day, he got his head stuck in it, like a bear with a berry pail.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »
When I lived in an apartment, the across-the-hall neighbor was a biker and he was always dressed in leather, bandannas, sunglasses, the whole shebang. He and his wife (both of whom were super-nice) got a yorkshire terrier puppy. He could carry the puppy in one hand. The pair of them always kind of cracked me up.  :D

(We could have dogs at this apartment complex.)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »
Can cats smell ice cream?
 I swear our old Manson, (passed) could and am beginning to think Nigel, our 13 week old grey/black tabby can smell ice cream. Nigel just cries and cries when the lid comes off the pint.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »
Can cats smell ice cream?
 I swear our old Manson, (passed) could and am beginning to think Nigel, our 13 week old grey/black tabby can smell ice cream. Nigel just cries and cries when the lid comes off the pint.

Absolutely.  See post above re: the yogurt cat.  I'm sure he could smell it.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
My little Carmen goes kitty-nutso at the smell of chicken.  If I have chicken for myself she shows up, sits in front of me, and her little nose goes a mile a minute.  However, I don't give her any due to the risk of it containing something dangerous to her and I don't want her to get accustomed to food fit for humans.

XRogue

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »
I used to have a Sheltie named Bo who had the habit of napping about 22 hours a day. One day I had a call from DS's 2nd grade teacher who was giggling like mad and wanted to know if our dog was an actual dog, or was he a stuffed animal. I reassured her that Bo was indeed a live dog, even if I did sometimes want to check his pulse to be sure, and asked why Teacher was wondering. She said that DS had done his first essay for class that day and it was supposed to be about his pet, if he had one. Teacher then read it to me:

"I have a dog. His name is Bo. He sleeps everywhere. I love my dog, Bo."

mmswm

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »
My oldest son just sent me a text.  It's a picture of our mastiff passed out on the sidewalk with the words "We are in front of the fire department.  Baxter has decided the walk is over."  Apparently mastiffs are as prone to spontaneous naps as cats are.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

snowfire

« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »
^^^ pics please!!! Sounds hilarious.