Author Topic: Cute Pet Stories  (Read 28796 times)

mmswm

Re: Cute Pet Stories
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 12:21:26 AM »
This is the picture he sent.

Edited to include a screenshot of the text message itself.  Identifying information has been obscured.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:47:57 AM by mmswm »
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

snowfire

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »
Doing a pretty good impression of a rug, isn't he?

PinkShoes

« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »
How did your son get him moving again? (And did one of the firefights come out to see if the dog was ok?) ;)

mmswm

« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
I'm not sure how he got him moving again.  He got home about 30 minutes after that text.  From where he was, it's about 10-15 minutes walking time at a moderate pace.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2014, 11:06:44 PM »
There's nothing cuter than watching a teeny kitten pass out in the middle of doing something - I swear they're all narcoleptic.
It's even funnier when you have multiple baby animals all falling over asleep at once.   Tasha's 7 puppies would be charging around in the puppy pen in the back yard, playing; 4, 5, or once all 7 would suddenly stop running and flop over asleep.  Those that didn't participate in the mass sleep-in would try to wake up the sleepers for a  minute or two, then usually join them. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

greencat

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »
There's nothing cuter than watching a teeny kitten pass out in the middle of doing something - I swear they're all narcoleptic.
It's even funnier when you have multiple baby animals all falling over asleep at once.   Tasha's 7 puppies would be charging around in the puppy pen in the back yard, playing; 4, 5, or once all 7 would suddenly stop running and flop over asleep.  Those that didn't participate in the mass sleep-in would try to wake up the sleepers for a  minute or two, then usually join them.
'

I miss the days of super-tiny babies.  However, I have been aggressively spaying the female strays around my house, and I shouldn't be having more kittens anytime soon.

However, Lynx has been quite sure lately that my fingers are for nomming.  He endlessly chews on them.  The other cats sniff them and deign them not worthy of even a lick, so it's not something cat-tasty on my fingers.

Lynx and Coffee Bean also had the great joy today of me having a real big book in my lap instead of just reading an ebook on my laptop like usual.  They sat on it.  Of course.

mmswm

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
I'm pet sitting for my boyfriend this week.  He's got a parrot, a cockatiel and a fish.  The small bird and the fish are okay.  The parrot, on the other hand, is having a difficult time dealing with the absence of his human. This bird, like many parrots, is a one person bird, however, he does seem to like younger, pre-adolescent kids to an extent.   

Poor bird, yesterday, he started making this awful racket that sounded like a cross between a clucking chicken and a howling newborn.  The only way to calm him down was to put my youngest son, who's 12, but who's voice hasn't started to change yet, in the room with him.  I shouldn't laugh because the bird is quite obviously missing his human, but it was kinda cute to hear the racket start as soon as my son left the room, and then stop the second he returned.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2014, 07:52:01 AM »
I still miss Merlin, an orange tabby with tuxedo markings who crossed the Rainbow Bridge 19 years ago.  I had to take him in to the NY Animal Center on York Avenue once for an emergency and leave him there overnight.  When I went to pick him up the next day the staff told me that he would keep the other cats awake meowing until someone would go in to pet him and talk to him.  When he was brought out to me so I could take him home he meowed and meowed until they handed him to me and he instantly began purring.

He was a very special boy.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:02 AM »
Kirk used to lie on my sewing table as I worked to keep me company.  That was how he lost his whiskers on one side.  Some 5yo grandson found my sewing scissors there and Kirk was so mellow that he never moved.  I found a pile of cat-whiskers, a rather bristly Kirk, and the scissors, but whichever grandson did it managed to get away with it.  Both of the boys were there, neither confessed.    ::)

into books first.

XRogue

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2014, 10:22:17 PM »
My oldest son just sent me a text.  It's a picture of our mastiff passed out on the sidewalk with the words "We are in front of the fire department.  Baxter has decided the walk is over."  Apparently mastiffs are as prone to spontaneous naps as cats are.

Oh dear, one cannot move a resting mastiff.  At least, not without a crane. :) ;D

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
When I was a teen, we had 3 Siamese cats.  The living room had a picture window with a wide sill, just right for lounging cats to watch the world go by.  Being Siamese, they were fond of the posture we called "statue cat", sitting bolt upright with the tail wrapped around the paws.

One day we heard someone come up the walk and ring the doorbell, immediately followed by a loud EEEEEEEEEEK!  Opened the door to find a gasping Avon Lady clutching her hand to her chest.   "I thought they were statues!  And then when I rang the bell, they all turned their heads and LOOKED at me!"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:35:01 PM by Elfmama »
into books first.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »
When I was a teen, we had 3 Siamese cats.  The living room had a picture window with a wide sill, just right for lounging cats to watch the world go by.  Being Siamese, they were fond of the posture we called "statue cat", sitting bolt upright with the tail wrapped around the paws.

One day we heard someone come up the walk and ring the doorbell, immediately followed by a loud EEEEEEEEEEK!  Opened the door to find a gasping Avon Lady clutching her hand to her chest.   "I thought they were statues!  And then when I rang the bell, they all turned their heads and LOOKED at me!"

<snerk >

I love when cats play statue. One of mine is fond of what I call the meatloaf. It looks like he has no legs of feet.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Nikko-chan

« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »

<snerk >

I love when cats play statue. One of mine is fond of what I call the meatloaf. It looks like he has no legs of feet.

We call that loafing :D