Author Topic: Adult party favors?  (Read 3306 times)

TheVapors

• Oh my! I should lay down...
Re: Adult party favors?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
I vote for a consumable! Teas or coffees. Little treats wrapped up nicely. Sounds like a sweet thing to give and receive. Especially when packaged cutely.

The only reason why I don't suggest "permanents" is that , not that I mind trinkets, it's just that ... well, I don't have room for many things, so it's likely that the nice little thing would just get thrown out when I got home. Even though I'd very much appreciate the sentiment, I just do not keep little things around.

Of course, YMMV, and your friends might actually keep those things!

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »
How about a decorated shot glass, martini glass, or candle holder filled with treats and wrapped with cellophane and ribbon/flowers?  If price is a factor, those items can be found at the dollar store or Wal-Mart.

eta: It doesn't even have to be wrapped when it's super-casual.

I'd go w/ the treats, but not the random glass. Most grownups don't have much use for them.

Buy some cellophane bags, fill w/ treats, and fold the top down.

Then design a card to fold over the top of the bag and staple--design it on the computer and print it on scrapbooking paper, cut out, score across the middle, fold over, and staple (or, to be all Martha Stewart Weddings, use double-sided tape).

Sort of like this:

http://blog.paper-source.com/wedding/affordable-wedding-favor-packaging/

Very snazzy looking!

I do like the flavored salts idea.

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »
I like the idea of giving the gift of warm drinks.  Hot chocolate, teas, special coffees or whatever with a nice mug. It's nice that they will think of you when they drink it and then always have the mug to keep!  It's the best of both worlds  :)

Or if you don't want to do a mug, these are neat too:

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-cones-687223/

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
I knew I asked the right place! These are all such great ideas - thank you! i'll probably doing some scouting this weekend for materials, and I'll let you know what I come up with. Keep the ideas coming!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 01:11:37 AM »
I just attended a bridal shower where they gave out favors to the guests. The hostess set out a basket of favors in clear gift bags: there were packs of fancy tea, earrings, tea lights in pretty holders, potpourri, adorable salt & pepper shaker sets, all in the bride's colors. Everybody got to take something they liked. I ended up with a set of salt & pepper shakers that two peas in a pod, perfect to keep at my desk.

I also love the idea of gourmet salts. Trader Joe's has a nice variety, that you could put cute labels over, or go to a natural food grocery store, where they usually sell fancy salts in bulk along with nice containers.