Author Topic: Kim Kardashian's Ex Thinks She Should Give the Wedding Gifts Back  (Read 11521 times)

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
Re: Kim Kardashian's Ex Thinks She Should Give the Wedding Gifts Back
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 05:57:50 AM »
I have a feeling he was not entrusted with the contact info of many of their family/business contacts.  I don't blame him for not writing thank you notes - my guess is he was not allowed to have much knowledge or control of what was going on. He was told to stand onhis mark and that was it.  The guy doesn't impress me much but he was a pawn.  Pawns don't call any of the shots.

lcmamom

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »
I have no experience with this, so I am just going to ask.  Would it have been rude for her to send the gifts that Kris' family and friends gave to Kris and let him thank them and return them?

cheyne

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
Would it have been rude for her to send the gifts that Kris' family and friends gave to Kris and let him thank them and return them?

I would think that would have been the easiest way to do it.

Kris should have a say in returning the wedding gifts.  If Kris wasn't expecting to keep the gifts, he wouldn't send a Thank You for the the gift, but maybe a card with the gift when he returns it.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
  That actually brings up an intersting question.  Let's assume Kim owns all the wedding gift according to the divorce decree. If she said to was it Kris?  " I have all the gifts and contact information. I will send out the thank you notes and do something appropriate with the gifts"  does he sill need to send a thank you?  He can't return the gifts they are not his anymore.  Or let's say she owns the gifts but said nothing about a thankyou, I think he is still responsible to send thankyous but can be given a pass if we assume the marriage was a sham solely on her part.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
MMM, I think if she's got all the gifts and contact information, then he should ask her for the contact info and send out thank-you's anyway. He may not be able to return them, but he should at least acknowledge them.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
If I were in his shoes, I would thank the people I knew, and could contact. I doubt that they're amicable enough right now that he can simply drop her a line, "Hey, Kim, could you forward me the list of who gave what? Thx!", and I suspect both his legal firm and hers would be advising them against that.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »
  What I meant was if you knew someone who without knowing was in a sham marriage.....that means they loved and/or intended to marry someone who was  lying to them and married them for another purpose then being married. We should concluded that they will be devastated and that writting the notes might be  excruciatingly painful.   I believe that you as a friend/family member have an obligation to forgiven an inability to write thank you notes , the same as if part of a couple died on the honeymoon.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
  What I meant was if you knew someone who without knowing was in a sham marriage.....that means they loved and/or intended to marry someone who was  lying to them and married them for another purpose then being married. We should concluded that they will be devastated and that writting the notes might be  excruciatingly painful.   I believe that you as a friend/family member have an obligation to forgiven an inability to write thank you notes , the same as if part of a couple died on the honeymoon.

I agree.  I also think that some of the movers and shakers who attend as guests on the Kardashian side might not want their contact info going to Kris, even if it is for  thank you notes.  Even people he knows might not want them if she got all the gifts.  I would find it very odd if I knew she got to keep the gifts but I got a note from him thanking me for a gift I knew he wasn't able to enjoy.

Autumn Rose

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »
Hmmm...I love her take that she recieved $100,000 worth of gifts.

Now, lets just do the math.   They had 450 guests.    Divide that, and that averages $222.00 per guest for a gift.

Now I, humble peon, usually give atleast $125.   per wedding.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MILLIONAIRES!   

There is no way that she "only" received $100,000 in gifts.

I bet she made a cool  $500,000 in gifts....easy.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

Now, lets just do the math.   They had 450 guests.    Divide that, and that averages $222.00 per guest for a gift.

A lot of those guests probably came as couples/families and only gave one gift. 

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »

A lot of those guests probably came as couples/families and only gave one gift.

Also, some of the guests might have been non-wealthy relatives (both on his and her sides.)

mkkristen

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »

My guess is that she got $100K in actual items--i.e. boxed things off a registry. I bet she made at least $100K in cash gifts as well. I think the whole things is a shame and I wish the Kartrashians would just go away.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »
Its probably impossible to fully calculate all wedding related gifts.  What about the gag gifts people bought for the bachelorette party?  The round of super fancy drinks a friend bought when she found out Kim was was engaged?  Or the little "oh my gosh I saw this [wedding do-dad] and thought of you!" gifts.  I mean I know my humble working class friends have bought me things like a picture frame when I announced my engagement, another friend immediately went out and bought me lotion, a nail file and 2 bottles of polish, another bought me a drink, a couple both DF and I are friends with bought us a huge cake size "cup cake" and a helium balloon that said "congratulations", etc, etc.  These are little things, and they are gifts but not gifts, you know?  And I'm sure KK was no exception to this type of gift getting.

June24

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
Its probably impossible to fully calculate all wedding related gifts.  What about the gag gifts people bought for the bachelorette party?  The round of super fancy drinks a friend bought when she found out Kim was was engaged?  Or the little "oh my gosh I saw this [wedding do-dad] and thought of you!" gifts.  I mean I know my humble working class friends have bought me things like a picture frame when I announced my engagement, another friend immediately went out and bought me lotion, a nail file and 2 bottles of polish, another bought me a drink, a couple both DF and I are friends with bought us a huge cake size "cup cake" and a helium balloon that said "congratulations", etc, etc.  These are little things, and they are gifts but not gifts, you know?  And I'm sure KK was no exception to this type of gift getting.

I'm sure that the people who attended this wedding were wealthy enough that they probably weren't particularly concerned about having their gifts returned, or being compensated for the little things that you mention. The only way I'd be upset about not getting my gift back is if I made a financial outlay that was significant to me. If it was not a large enough amount for me to be concerned about, I wouldn't care about getting my gift back in the case of a sham wedding. The whole "sham wedding" deal would color my opinion of the parties involved moreso than not having my gift returned. If the wedding did in fact fail early, I would not really be interested in nitpicking ever dollar that I spent on the happy couple.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »

I'm sure that the people who attended this wedding were wealthy enough that they probably weren't particularly concerned about having their gifts returned, or being compensated for the little things that you mention. The only way I'd be upset about not getting my gift back is if I made a financial outlay that was significant to me. If it was not a large enough amount for me to be concerned about, I wouldn't care about getting my gift back in the case of a sham wedding. The whole "sham wedding" deal would color my opinion of the parties involved moreso than not having my gift returned. If the wedding did in fact fail early, I would not really be interested in nitpicking ever dollar that I spent on the happy couple.

As far as I know Kris Humphries' family is an average middle class family from Minnesota.  His aunts, uncles, cousins, old friends, etc are probably a good variety of non-rich. And any who attended would have had to pay a lot to travel and get hotels, event-appropriate attire, etc.

Now I doubt anyone does want small niceties repaid.  My point was simply that one can't really ever fully calculate the value of "wedding gifts" because they are varied and often times spread out over the course of an engagement.