News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 24, 2017, 04:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What I am grateful for today  (Read 1133 times)

pattycake

Re: What I am grateful for today
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »
I am grateful for modern medicine this past week. I have had an infection, the start of which they aren't certain, though it has happened to me twice in four months in the exact same way. The antibiotics have made me feel dreadful, but without them, in years past I would have died. I am still recovering, and am also grateful for a warm home and bed to recover in, friends who care and pray for me, and God's infinite care.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 02:32:18 PM »
I'm grateful that DF's coworker was trained in first aid and knew what to do when DF choked on a piece of steak at lunch today.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

gmatoy

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
I'm grateful that DF's coworker was trained in first aid and knew what to do when DF choked on a piece of steak at lunch today.

I'm grateful for that too! I think many of us on E-hell have been enjoying "planning" your wedding, so we need to know that you are both okay!

GardenGal

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
I'm grateful to the doctors in the hospital last week, and to the technicians and nurses, who realized my sweet 95-year old MIL's heart was beating wayyyyyy too slowly and implanted a pacemaker and gave her great care before and afterwards. Without modern medicine who knows if she'd still be bringing joy to all of us.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 07:26:48 AM »

I'm grateful for that too! I think many of us on E-hell have been enjoying "planning" your wedding, so we need to know that you are both okay!

Pretty scary moment for him.  And for me, when he told me.  I baked cookies last night for him to take to his coworker and I sent a Thank You card.  Where I thanked him for saving me the hassle of completing all the paperwork to collect DF's life insurance.  And then said, 'Hang on a second...'  DF laughed and thinks his buddy will laugh, too.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 07:30:24 AM »
My family, and my family by marriage. They may be trying at times, but who isn't, and they have really stepped up in support of us as we become home owners.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chez Miriam

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 08:52:39 AM »

Me three!

Pretty scary moment for him.  And for me, when he told me.  I baked cookies last night for him to take to his coworker and I sent a Thank You card.  Where I thanked him for saving me the hassle of completing all the paperwork to collect DF's life insurance.  And then said, 'Hang on a second...'  DF laughed and thinks his buddy will laugh, too.

I'm grateful for the laugh that gave me. ;D

I'm grateful for e-hell and the friends I have made here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'm grateful every day for the wonderful example you set me, gmatoy, and for your continuing good progress.  I'm grateful, too, for eHell and finding an on-line community where I feel I belong [and want to belong].
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

RevMaxx

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
I'm thankful for my family, my blended family and my extended family.  I love that no matter what mix gets together, so much laughter ensues until many sides are hurting.  I am thankful that when anyone has a crisis, not matter how big or small, everyone rallies to get things done for each other.  Then the crisis becomes 'just a glitch'.

Wonderful idea for a thread Cicero! (Bergen County born & raised here :) )
What sign was I born under you ask? Under the sign, "No Parking".

gmatoy

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 01:07:59 AM »

Me three!

I'm grateful for the laugh that gave me. ;D

I'm grateful for e-hell and the friends I have made here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'm grateful every day for the wonderful example you set me, gmatoy, and for your continuing good progress. I'm grateful, too, for eHell and finding an on-line community where I feel I belong [and want to belong].

The bolded says it all for me! And the line before makes me blush!

gmatoy

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 01:09:13 AM »
Two words: Book sale!  ;) (And I know that some of you are wishing you lived near me!)

Chez Miriam

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 06:59:49 AM »
Two words: Book sale!  ;) (And I know that some of you are wishing you lived near me!)

You know us too well! ;D

Looking forward to reading about your purchases when the library has the 'unlimited' sale... >:D
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 08:08:45 AM »
Good food, great friends, wonderful family, and a beautiful cool day.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien