News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 31, 2016, 07:01:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 208588 times)

gramma dishes

magicdomino

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #2206 on: August 22, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
I have a horsey in my basement!   :)

Don't worry, no live horses were harmed.  Home Depot is selling a full-sized horse skeleton for Halloween (  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-74-in-Halloween-Standing-Skeleton-Horse-6342-86676/206802721  ).  Spector the Wonder Horse arrived Friday, and I put him together Sunday.  Darn thing is huge!  The neck and tail are going to have to be removed just so that I can walk around, and the legs will probably have to come off as well so that I can get him out of the house.  Storage is going to be interesting as well.

But the horse is so cool.  I can think of so many ways to use him in the Halloween display.  Too bad the plastic isn't really meant to stay outside all year long.   >:D

turtleIScream

« Reply #2207 on: August 22, 2016, 01:22:59 PM »
My daughter passed her driving test! She is now fully licensed and ready to begin school tranportation duties next week.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Team HoundMom

« Reply #2208 on: August 22, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »
My husband's buddy has a replica General Lee and I totally got to sit in it for a picture and also get a picture of me pretending to jump through the window like Bo & Luke Duke did.  As soon as I sat inside all these memories rushed back of watching The Dukes of Hazzard and how much I loved it as a kid.  His friend made me promise to wear Daisy Dukes next year and get more pictures, hahahaha.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #2209 on: August 22, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »
I got autographs from two of my heroes this weekend.

Marty Sklar was president of Walt Disney Imagineering (the people who design and build the parks) for many years. He has been at the opening of every park since Disneyland. He signed a copy of his new book "One Little Spark" for my son and "Dream it, Do it" for me.

The other one was also an imagineer. Bob Gurr designed the monorail, the autopia cars and all of the vintage vehicles at Disneyland and WDW. Not to mention the "Doom Buggies" for the Haunted Mansion. A wonderful, warm man, he autographed a copy of a book he wrote in 1952 on car design. He was thrilled to see the book and told me stories of some other copies he'd seen. Library copies that were worn out because people had traced his designs so much.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

GardenGal

« Reply #2210 on: August 22, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »
Naked Ladies in my back yard.  Nope, not that kind of naked. For the non-gardeners among you, Naked Ladies are a bulb from South Africa that sends up leaves in the spring. The leaves die down, and in mid- to late-summer leafless flower stalks sprout up bearing huge pink trumpet-shaped flowers http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/g-113-belladonna-lilies.aspx  Mine just showed up today, and I'm so happy to see them again, especially with our on-going drought here in Southern California. The ones in the front yard didn't bloom at all last year,  and show no sign of blooming this year, but the ones in the back garden are in full bloom today.  If you've never grown these carefree plants I highly recommend them.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #2211 on: August 23, 2016, 08:19:49 AM »
I have something somewhat similar.  We call it Fall Crocus.  In the spring, it shoots up leaves that look like tulip leaves that die back.  Then in the fall, it shoots up a flower stalk with a lilac purple bloom the size of a tulip but formed more like a crocus.  They are quite a striking dash of colour at a time there isn't much of it.  Mine aren't up yet.  :)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario