News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 26, 2016, 03:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Reason My Kid is Crying  (Read 13015 times)

Take2

Re: The Reason My Kid is Crying
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2016, 04:45:11 PM »
One of my weirdest memories of my  toddler son:

We were getting ready to go on an airplane trip. DS was 18 months old and couldn't remember previous airplane rides, and he was ecstatic. He could not wait to go on de ayupwane. He bounced in the car all the way to the airport. He oohed and ahhed over planes out the window.

Finally, it was time to board, and we took him down a hall and into a long skinny room with lots of seats. He was fine for a while, still waiting patiently. But when we told him we were now on the plane, he absolutely lost it, exclaiming "I wanna go on da ayupwane!" His father and I could not convince him he WAS on an airplane. He could see the airplanes out the window, and this was NOT one. He kept showing us that it was "over der," and insisting we go get on it. It was going to leave without us! This child never threw tantrums, rarely even frowned, he was such a happy baby except for this one 10-minute stretch of horror.

It seemed like years later when the plane began to taxi and my son looked up through tears and saw we were moving, he was confused and stopped crying. Then we took off, and as he saw sky out the window, he happily announced "We on da ayupwane!" He clapped his little hands, and he was happy as could be for the rest of the flight.

crella

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2016, 11:00:48 PM »
So cute!

Gladly

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2016, 05:13:34 AM »
Aunt Kimbie's young relatives would love the Magic Roundabout in Swindon, which consists of 5 small roundabouts surrounding a larger central roundabout! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOTTTETzX4

I live near Swindon and use the Magic Roundabout regularly.  The weird thing is that it actually works well - once you (general you) have got over the initial shock and panic.  That video made me laugh though - the driver ends up going back the way they came!