News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 30, 2017, 07:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pear Shaped ladies and purchasing jeans.  (Read 942 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
Re: Pear Shaped ladies and purchasing jeans.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
I like LL Bean jeans, but the real secret is to get them altered. I put darts in the waistband and that fixes any gap.

Also, think boot-cut, as they're very flattering to curves.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

KimberlyM

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 12:12:50 PM »
Old Navy curvy jeans work for me.  I have the same shape.  They aren't great quality, but they're cheap, so I just buy a bunch and don't worry when they start getting haggard.

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »
I saw someone who got the little elastic grippers that are supposed to keep the fitted sheets in place and had them clipped on the back of her jeans from one side across the center back to the other side - just enough elastic and grip to keep the jeans on but let them grow when she knelt down or bent over.

Elastic belts are my preference...evens the slight gathering out around the whole waistline.  Depends on where you can identify the looseness as originating, I suppose.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?