A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

(1/70) > >>

violinp:
Everyone obviously has the stores and brands they'll never patronize again, but what are the ones that have, time and again, proven themselves worth their salt?

For our family, the local grocery store (part of a chain) has always been good, if not completely amazing. All their produce is good, and they have all kinds of stuff available.

Alltel (and later Verizon) has also been a great phone company. Their phones have been extremely reliable from the first time we all got cell phones 10 years ago, and if something goes wrong, they try everything to make it right.

Toshiba makes extremely reliable laptops - my sister's had hers for more than 2 years and has nothing but praise for them.

Adelaide:
Chick-Fil-A. I have NEVER had a bad experience there. I don't go all the time as it's not particularly healthy, but the food's always been great. 

camlan:
Nordstrom's has incredible customer service. Never had a bad experience there.

Same for Hot Topic, although I almost never need to purchase anything there.

LL Bean has good quality merchandise and great customer service. Good on returns. And if anything ever breaks/rips/falls apart, they are very good about fixing or replacing it.

And there's a Macaroni Grill we went to with my nephew who has several food allergies. They went way far out of their way to get him something that he liked that he could also eat. He would have settled for a bowl of plain pasta, but the manager insisted on making him something special.

Outdoor Girl:
Lee Valley Tools.

They are expensive and I don't buy a lot from them but I've been really happy with the service I've received in the past.  I picked up an order from their brick and mortar store in another city and discovered quite some time later that not everything was correct.  Not only did they ship out the items I should have received, I got to keep the ones that were not what I'd ordered.

My only complaint is that they don't have a brick and mortar store in my city.  I keep asking, though!

siamesecat2965:
I second Nordstrom, whether you're just looking or out to buy a new wardrobe, you get the same level of service.  And they know when to back off and let you be, if that's how you like to shop.

Vera Bradley, whether their CS, signature stores or outlets. Everyone is nice, friendly, and will go the extra mile to help you with whatever you need.

Various Hampton Inns.  My mom prefers them whe we travel since have shown themselves to be the best accessible rooms.  On our trip last year, while it was HC accessible, it wasn't quite.  So my mom, not to criticize, but more to let them know hey, this really doesn't work for someone in a wheelchair, wrote a letter, and the manger called her, and asked for her input on several things she had mentioned, i.e. the shower bench being at the opposite end of the tub from the hand-held shower head, and so on.  And all the ones we've ever stayed in have been clean, neat, and if you need something, they're willing to do what they can to help you get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version