A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (21/74) > >>

readingchick:
Courthouse Coffee. I love their selection of food, plus their drinks are divine.

Tea Drinker:
Porter Square Books, in Cambridge, Mass. They've got a reasonable selection of books for browsing, and a really nice tea and coffee counter. And it's handy to the T (subway) stop, so I can get off the train, get a cup of tea, look at books, and then take the bus the rest of the way to my girlfriend's place. One small nice thing is that they have a "buy n, get one free" deal for coffee and tea, like a lot of places (I think n is a dozen) but don't make me keep a card. I just give them my name, and they update the record. (Places where I have to get the card stamped, I mostly don't, because I forget to have the card with me, or it's buried in the bottom of my bag.)

amandaelizabeth:
I know not many ehellions will be using this company but I cannot sing the praises of Coutts Cars in Auckland loud enough.  I bought a second hand car from them and long story short it was a real lemon.  They have spent over three times what I paid for it honoring their guarantee, always with a smile and a cup of coffee.  At one point when they saw my husband they would make him a long black without asking.  I was lent showroom cars, or driven around by one of the mechanics.  Nothing was ever too much trouble.  When the gear box fell out the day before my daughters wedding, they found me a white fancy car so I could celebrate in style.

As I can no longer buy a new model of the car, I have told them I am sticking with it to tghe bitter end.  They were most gracious about it.  However if I ever buy a new car you can be sure it will be from Coutts

mmswm:
If anybody's ever in Enumclaw, WA, I have to highly recommend Les Schwab Tire Center. I took my car in this morning to have the tires checked for nails/leaks before embarking on my cross country journey.  When they found out what I was doing, they asked me if I was in a hurry, and since I wasn't, they proceeded to spend the next hour and a half going over my entire car with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was in good condition and wouldn't have any major issues during my drive. Best of all, they did this completely without charge, and wouldn't even accept a tip for their service.  All this for a person with North Dakota tags, who's driving from WA to FL, with only a slim chance of being back in the area any time soon.  That's service above and beyond anything I would have ever dreamed of expecting.

magician5:
I can't promise eternal patronage, but ANY place that employs handicapped lower-level employees (baggers, etc) gets many extra points from me.

One regional grocery chain can be depended on to do this, without making a big self-promoting "thing" out of it. Once I understood what was going on, I made a point to adjust my "how ya doin, and thanks" conversation to a simple and direct level, and usually our parting few words of banter puts a smile on my face for the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version