A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (24/80) > >>

artk2002:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on December 11, 2012, 10:14:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: jedikaiti on December 11, 2012, 01:07:33 AM ---I did a summer internship at Kennedy Space Center a few years ago, and I looooooved the sandwiches at Mr. Cubano in Cape Canaveral. Even tried to get them to ship me one in CO. :-)

--- End quote ---

I'll be over there next weekend, do you want one airmailed?  8)

--- End quote ---

There are some (possibly apocryphal) stories of people shipping Tommy's chili burgers from SoCal to Canaveral. Tommy's isn't that far from JPL and CalTech so people working there would develop a taste for it, and then get a craving when on assignment in Florida.

Outdoor Girl:
There is a little shop near me called 'The Bird House'.  It is a trendy little place with bird feeders and some seed, as well as other things for home and garden.  Their prices are comparable to larger stores, it is incredibly handy and the service is great.  I bought a feeder for my Dad and when we went to put it together, it was missing a couple of pieces.  I took it back and not only did they exchange it with no issues, he put the new one together for me!  And when I buy a 40 lb bag of sunflower seeds, they'll carry it out to the car for me.

The only issue is that it is a Mom and Pop store 'chain' where this is the second store and their son runs it.  He is still in college so the shop is closed one day a week when he has most of his classes.  And occasionally, it is closed on a day they are supposed to be open because he is trying to get registered or has exams or something.

mmswm:
I had to come back to this thread to add another place to this list.  I haven't been back "home" in years.  Before I moved, I was a regular at one particular bar.  I went there once or twice a week for years.  Tonight, I met a couple friends there, as I'm back in town.  I walked in and the bartender immediately went to the beer cooler and pulled out the right beer (well, after picking his jaw up off the floor, since it had been so long since I've been there), then proceeded to harass me about "two Killians and a Diet Coke", which had been my pretty standard bar tab for all those years.  Funnily, it was also my tab tonight. :D.  I suppose I'm a creature of habit. You just can't beat a bartender who can remember what you want after an absence of at least four years.

Kaora:
A small, local business, which deals in comics and other nerdery, along with teaching supplies.  We only found out about it when my mum was a second grade teacher (for one year!) and got her supplies from there.

I think my first experience there, I was looking for Pokemon Fossil cards, which were new at the time.  Imust've been 12. :)

I asked the owner about him, since he was working that day, and he said they hadn't come in just yet, but that he would hold a deck for me and we could come in and get it when we were ready! :D

When the owner is not in, there is an ultra-nice lady working the desk.  She's a thrill to talk to, and we, BF and I, are allowed to just come in and chat now, we've kind of spent so much money there.  But due to the awesome staff, we'll be there so long as they are! :)

Piratelvr1121:
JcPenney's. Haven't had a bad experience with any of their goods to date, sometimes I can find things cheaper there than at Target when they're having a sale. ($12 turtlenecks, when Targets were $18 which was the usual price for JcPenney's)

And I was rather impressed when, despite being given some backlash on choosing Ellen DeGeneres as their spokesperson, they stood by her. :) I adore her and am glad that JcPenney's stuck by her and didn't ditch her because of said backlash. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version