A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (27/68) > >>

JenJay:

--- Quote from: jayhawk on January 11, 2013, 05:14:48 PM ---We did tip the waitress on the value of the entire meal.

--- End quote ---

Yes, definitely! We usually try to tip well anyway and we certainly wanted it to reflect how happy we were that night! When the check came DH quickly figured up what it would have been, had we been billed for the 2 filets, and tipped 20% on that.  :)

Softly Spoken:
This is not a chain store, but after today it is the only place I plan to go for clothes shopping. Any other plus-sized eHellions in the Seattle, WA area owe it to themselves to go there at least once.  ;D
Two Big Blondes is a plus size consignment shop. I had been planning to check it out for a long time but I finally went today because money is tight and they were having a sale. I was worried it would be a nightmare but the employees made it an absolute dream. Everyone who works there wears the merchandise, and some even told me about contributing to the inventory from their own wardrobes. Since it is a consignment store it is a treasure hunt - you flip through 10 items on the rack going: "meh - nice but not my color - cute but wrong size - ugly - too slutty - okay but not really my style - too casual - CRUD MONKEYS! SO CUTE - too grandma - okay worth a shot"  ;) But the best thing is, you should never find yourself saying "too expensive."

I was looking for black leggings (its cold and I need to layer). I was directed to the senior employee who "knows where everything is" :) She found a pair for me and coaxed me to try it them even though I thought they would be too small. They fit, but I noticed the inseam was threatening to unravel into a hole, which I was sure I would encourage since it was a snug fit. When I told the saleslady why I didn't want them - she gave them to me for free!  :D

When I used to (notice I say used to) shop at Lane Bryant, I would leave feeling frustrated because of their selection, size choices, and prices. Even though 2BBs is hit and miss, the sheer volume guarantees everyone should be able to find something. They carry lots of 24-30, which a lot of chain plus stores don't - I am a tricky fit (18/20 shirt but 26/28 pants cause of my hips :P, plus I'm on the short end of petite) so I am one of those people who wants to try things on in a store, not catalog order. At a regular store I am lucky to walk out with four items for under $100. Today I came home with twenty pieces of clothing. I got a beautiful, flattering dress for $20 (if they hadn't been having a sale, I would have paid the original $40 and still not felt ripped off). They had everything! It was random but it was all there! :P Actually, the luck factor based on the randomness of clothing that comes through the store makes you feel like you've won the lottery every time you find something you like.

All the employees were so helpful. They all understand that being plus size and trying to shop for clothes usually sucks. I also loved the overall vibe - how all the customers were so patient and courteous with each other. No one was rude, everyone was just so happy to find fashionable, affordable clothes that fit! Sisterhood!  ;D
I can't wait to bring some of my purged wardrobe to sell at this store. It's not just for the money, which I'll probably turn around and use to buy different clothes from the shop anyway.  ::) More importantly, I love the idea that another woman will discover my (too big or too little) clothes and be happy with them. I want my clothes to give another woman as much excitement, joy and satisfaction as the clothes I found today gave me.

*sigh* Okay, I'm done gushing.   ::)  ;)

Wulfie:
Thanks for the tip! I am going to have to check them out!

jedikaiti:
I do pretty well at Lane Bryant, but around here, that's about the ONLY place I can shop. Please ask 2BB to open a CO location! :-)

nuit93:

--- Quote from: Softly Spoken on February 02, 2013, 11:55:47 PM ---This is not a chain store, but after today it is the only place I plan to go for clothes shopping. Any other plus-sized eHellions in the Seattle, WA area owe it to themselves to go there at least once.  ;D
Two Big Blondes is a plus size consignment shop. I had been planning to check it out for a long time but I finally went today because money is tight and they were having a sale. I was worried it would be a nightmare but the employees made it an absolute dream. Everyone who works there wears the merchandise, and some even told me about contributing to the inventory from their own wardrobes. Since it is a consignment store it is a treasure hunt - you flip through 10 items on the rack going: "meh - nice but not my color - cute but wrong size - ugly - too slutty - okay but not really my style - too casual - CRUD MONKEYS! SO CUTE - too grandma - okay worth a shot"  ;) But the best thing is, you should never find yourself saying "too expensive."

I was looking for black leggings (its cold and I need to layer). I was directed to the senior employee who "knows where everything is" :) She found a pair for me and coaxed me to try it them even though I thought they would be too small. They fit, but I noticed the inseam was threatening to unravel into a hole, which I was sure I would encourage since it was a snug fit. When I told the saleslady why I didn't want them - she gave them to me for free!  :D

When I used to (notice I say used to) shop at Lane Bryant, I would leave feeling frustrated because of their selection, size choices, and prices. Even though 2BBs is hit and miss, the sheer volume guarantees everyone should be able to find something. They carry lots of 24-30, which a lot of chain plus stores don't - I am a tricky fit (18/20 shirt but 26/28 pants cause of my hips :P, plus I'm on the short end of petite) so I am one of those people who wants to try things on in a store, not catalog order. At a regular store I am lucky to walk out with four items for under $100. Today I came home with twenty pieces of clothing. I got a beautiful, flattering dress for $20 (if they hadn't been having a sale, I would have paid the original $40 and still not felt ripped off). They had everything! It was random but it was all there! :P Actually, the luck factor based on the randomness of clothing that comes through the store makes you feel like you've won the lottery every time you find something you like.

All the employees were so helpful. They all understand that being plus size and trying to shop for clothes usually sucks. I also loved the overall vibe - how all the customers were so patient and courteous with each other. No one was rude, everyone was just so happy to find fashionable, affordable clothes that fit! Sisterhood!  ;D
I can't wait to bring some of my purged wardrobe to sell at this store. It's not just for the money, which I'll probably turn around and use to buy different clothes from the shop anyway.  ::) More importantly, I love the idea that another woman will discover my (too big or too little) clothes and be happy with them. I want my clothes to give another woman as much excitement, joy and satisfaction as the clothes I found today gave me.

*sigh* Okay, I'm done gushing.   ::)  ;)

--- End quote ---

Ohhh, I love TBB!  Great store, great stuff...awesome sales!

There's another plus-size consignment store in Redmond if you make it to that side of the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version