A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (29/68) > >>

HoneyBee42:
Kohl's.

I was in the store here with my daughter yesterday, and I bought a pretty cute little dress for her that was intended as her Easter dress.  Well, after we got home, she was having a friend spend the night (no school today), and went in to put on the dress to model for her friend.  Which was when we realized there was a rip in the lace sleeve around the armpit.

So today we returned ... that dress happened to be a hot seller.  In the store, it came in three colors--black, a cream/almost an oatmeal, and coral (the one she got was the coral one).  While there were still plenty of the other two, there was *one* coral dress on the rack, and it was a size XS (daughter is going to be 12 shortly, she wears a size S).  Daughter didn't want either of the other colors, I happened to see two more of the coral on a return rack, but they were both the wrong size also (both were size L).  No way was she going to fit into the XS.  Well, the clerk didn't give us any grief about the return, called back to the person working juniors just to make sure that they didn't have any other size S coral because we obviously wanted the dress more than the refund.  No luck there, so I got the refund.

Came home, and they did have it in the right size and color on line.  So I've ordered it, and it should be here within a week or so (so plenty of time for getting here before Easter). Tomorrow I'll have the email with the tracking so I'll know for sure.  But Kohl's always is like that--most everything I've bought there was worked great, but on those occasions when I do have a problem, they'll try to make right with the merchandise if possible and a cheerful refund if not.

Of course, I have to deal with the fact that my almost-12yo daughter looks more like 14 in that dress.  It is cute--I'd totally wear it myself if I were 25-30 years younger, but wow, my baby is growing up.

ladyknight1:
My mom has lost the plot when it comes to gift buying, particularly clothes for DS, DH and myself. Two years ago, for Christmas she bought clothes for us.

DS: size Small mens
2 XL men's tee shirts
1 S boy's tee shirt

DH: XL mens
3X chambray shirt
2x pants
L three wolf moon t-shirt

I love purple, but am not fond of synthetic fabric or clothes that come with jewelry. I ended up with three tops, all purple, all synthetic, with jewelry attached to them.

I felt bad for my mom, since she had gone to a lot of expense and effort. She had included a gift receipt for another store, but all of the clothes had been bought at Kohl's in mom's state. I went to Kohl's and they took it all back. Gave us a store credit, which we used to buy much needed things for our kitchen. Kohl's is awesome.

Thipu1:
Again, not quite a business but very useful. 

Bookfinder.com

This isn't a book dealer.  It's a clearing house for book dealers. 

You type in what you want and you get a list of dealers offering that title.  The lists of new and used books are arranged by price with the cheapest first.  Clicking on the price then connects you to the dealer and you order directly.

It was our first choice in the library and we use it all the time at home. 

Miriam:

--- Quote from: HoneyBee42 on February 18, 2013, 11:31:05 PM ---Kohl's.

I was in the store here with my daughter yesterday, and I bought a pretty cute little dress for her that was intended as her Easter dress.  Well, after we got home, she was having a friend spend the night (no school today), and went in to put on the dress to model for her friend.  Which was when we realized there was a rip in the lace sleeve around the armpit.

So today we returned ... that dress happened to be a hot seller.  In the store, it came in three colors--black, a cream/almost an oatmeal, and coral (the one she got was the coral one).  While there were still plenty of the other two, there was *one* coral dress on the rack, and it was a size XS (daughter is going to be 12 shortly, she wears a size S).  Daughter didn't want either of the other colors, I happened to see two more of the coral on a return rack, but they were both the wrong size also (both were size L).  No way was she going to fit into the XS.  Well, the clerk didn't give us any grief about the return, called back to the person working juniors just to make sure that they didn't have any other size S coral because we obviously wanted the dress more than the refund.  No luck there, so I got the refund.

Came home, and they did have it in the right size and color on line.  So I've ordered it, and it should be here within a week or so (so plenty of time for getting here before Easter). Tomorrow I'll have the email with the tracking so I'll know for sure.  But Kohl's always is like that--most everything I've bought there was worked great, but on those occasions when I do have a problem, they'll try to make right with the merchandise if possible and a cheerful refund if not.

Of course, I have to deal with the fact that my almost-12yo daughter looks more like 14 in that dress.  It is cute--I'd totally wear it myself if I were 25-30 years younger, but wow, my baby is growing up.

--- End quote ---

I was at Kohl's last weekend for the first time in years and I could not have been happier. I recently was hired for a professional position, so I needed some nice slacks since all I had were nice tops and skinny jeans that I usually wear at my casual part time jobs. Kohl's was PACKED, the aisles were full of clothes, and the workers were all over the place picking up things people just carelessly tossed. I decided to wait for the lunch crowd to die off, so wandered into the bra section. For two hours I tried on bras with a Kohl's worker, and a Werner's bra rep who was there passing out coupons. I'm an awkward size, small band but big cup, and together they helped me find age appropriate bras (I'm 23) that were supportive and comfortable. The Werner's rep didn't even care some of the bras she was selling weren't ones I was going to purchase, she walked around those racks and gave her professional opinion about all of the brands. Luckily I was able to get the last in my size in one of their full coverage bras, so I got to use a coupon! I'm very impressed with the workers in that section, and even went to customer service to tell them how wonderful their worker was to me.

Then, I had to venture in the chaos to find some clothes. I was very intimidated by the disheveled racks and frantic looking women trying to snag deals out from under each other.  Every aisle I went down, I stopped to pick up pieces of clothes from the floor and hang them back up. It was sad, they were all nice, designer pieces that were just left on the floor to be stomped on. After 30 minutes of this, another Kohl's worker approached me. She led me toward the Plus Size section where some clearance racks were and told me many women were avoiding these racks, but a lot of clothes are mixed in there too that are regular size. Imagine my surprise when hanger after hanger were $3 Lauren Conrad, Vera Wang, and Rock & Republic tops. They all were my size, were very professional looking, and beyond adorable. I found a beautiful crochet a-line skirt, Daisy Fuentes slacks, and a steely gray wrap dress. I walked out of Kohl's with 15 pieces of clothes, did not pay more than $50.

Many customers probably would complain about the crowd, the mess, and lack of available service but I'm very happy that through the dysfunction Kohl's employees were able to find the time to help me.

ladyknight1:
Chik-fil-A

Today, I went through the drive through and ordered a chicken nugget meal with an unsweetened iced tea. When I got to the window, after paying, I told the cashier that I never order sandwiches in the drive-through because pickles always end up on the sandwich (even when requested without them), and I don't want them and don't have time to wait for my order to be fixed. I get my food, leave and once I arrive at my office, I find that instead of nuggets, I received a sandwich with extra pickles. I call the restaurant to explain the problem, and they delivered the nuggets to my office, three miles away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version