A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (46/74) > >>

GreenEyedHawk:
I have to say, as far as customer retention goes, my phone company knocked it out of the park for me today.

Back in February, I was told that if I had 6 months or less remaining on my contract, I could renew it and get a free new phone at no charge.  So, I patiently waited til now, when I passed that 6-months-left mark, with an increasingly unhappy phone, so I could renew my contract and get a new phone.

Except that when I tried to do just that yesterday, I got told they only do that now if you have less than a month remaining, and that they no longer offer 3-year plans because people were taking advantage of the 6-months policy to get new phones then complaining that they were "stuck" in a 3-year plan (that THEY chose!).  So basically what they were telling me was that because other people where whiny, I was getting screwed.  I was very unhappy and emailed the company and told them so, as civilly as possible.  I got a response saying I should contact the Loyalty department.

So today after work, I called, hoping against hope they'd be able to do SOMEthing for me.  Here's what they did:

-The remainder of my contract will be waived at no charge to me and I will be permitted to renew and get a new phone via FlexTab (the cost of the phone is spread across the length of the contract, which means I will be able to get a much nicer phone than I was anticipating)

-My data plan is being upgraded from 1 gig to 6 gigs a month at no extra charge.

-I now have free long distance

-I am getting two addons (visual voicemail and call display) at no charge

-And the end result is that my entire upgraded plan will end up costing me about $10 a month LESS than I am paying now.

The only charge I will be responsible for is the $25 hardware upgrading fee.  I can live with that given the lengths they went to to keep me as a customer, as well as knowing that to buy out the remainder of my current contract (which was what i was told was pretty much my only option yesterday) would have cost over $200.

I have to say I'm pretty satisfied.

-

suzieQ:
My local Panera Bread. I got a baker's dozen of bagels from them for the Tuesday price of $6.99, but they only gave me 12. I called and expected they would just take my name and let me get a free one next time I came. NOPE! They sent me a card in the mail for a free 1/2 dozen of them!

SDG31000:
John Lewis has wonderful customer service.

I went and brought a sewing machine as one of my birthday presents, based on information on their website.  Unfortunately this turned out to be wrong and the machine didn't have the functions it said.  So DH phoned the store and spoke to a lovely lady called Chantelle.  By the time we got back she had spoken to her manager, printed out the pages from the website and highlighted the mistakes, worked out the best way to get this corrected and found out the best way to compensate us.
  She went through all the available machines with us and helped me find the best one for me, gave us a refund on the difference in price, 15 cash to pay for car parks and petrol (much more than we actually spent) and a voucher for tea and cake for two in the in store cafe.  I filled out a customer feedback form and made sure I mentioned what a good job she had done.
The voucher saved us 11 when we went and had afternoon tea on Sunday.

RebeccainGA:
Mont Blanc. I took my 20 year old pen, a gift from my grandfather (I couldn't ever spend the money on it he did!) to them for an overhaul, since the pen hadn't been used in 15 years and wasn't operational. For $75, I got an all but new pen (it's the same nib, the same gold clip on the cap and the same cap button, and I think that's all that's original) - and if I wanted to, I could turn around and sell it online for about three mortgage payments. It looks like new, except for the patina on the pen clip, and writes like new. Not only that, but when they noticed (when they called to tell me it was in) that I lived over an hour away, they sent it UPS to me, for nothing. I don't know if I'll ever be in a position to buy one, but if I ever hit the Powerball, I'll be heading to Mont Blanc to buy another pen or two - and if anything ever happens to my pen, I'll take it back there for more repairs anytime.

Snooks:

--- Quote from: SDG31000 on September 11, 2013, 03:11:23 AM ---John Lewis has wonderful customer service.

I went and brought a sewing machine as one of my birthday presents, based on information on their website.  Unfortunately this turned out to be wrong and the machine didn't have the functions it said.  So DH phoned the store and spoke to a lovely lady called Chantelle.  By the time we got back she had spoken to her manager, printed out the pages from the website and highlighted the mistakes, worked out the best way to get this corrected and found out the best way to compensate us.
  She went through all the available machines with us and helped me find the best one for me, gave us a refund on the difference in price, 15 cash to pay for car parks and petrol (much more than we actually spent) and a voucher for tea and cake for two in the in store cafe.  I filled out a customer feedback form and made sure I mentioned what a good job she had done.
The voucher saved us 11 when we went and had afternoon tea on Sunday.

--- End quote ---

I think I posted earlier about them coming and repainting my hallway wall when they put a minor scuff in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version