A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (65/80) > >>

ladyknight1:
Lane Bryant used to have a wire free all cotton bra. I loved it, I bought several. Of course, they discontinued them.

Now they have them again! And have a buy 1, get one free sale. I bought three more, but the ones I wear daily are still in great shape after 8 years of near constant wear.

jedikaiti:
I hope your new ones last as well as your old ones. I've noticed a quality decrease in the wire bras lately.

And I wish they'd get one core line of jeans and stick with them! I am going to have to find a new source of jeans in my size because they discontinued straight leg again.

Margo:
I had really good service from 'Staywell', who make cat flaps. I had a cat flap in the back door for Tybalt, and I accidentally broke the 'flap' when I was cleaning it. I contacted them to ask whether it was possible to buy just a replacement flap, rather than having to replace the whole unit (as the hinges were not damaged) and they sent me a complete replacement unit, free of charge.

The flap was 5 or 6 years old at the time and the damage was not due to any fault in the manufacturing, it was entirely due to my own clumsiness, which I made clear to them, so they didn't owe me anything. 

Ginger G:
I had a very nice experience at Trader Joe's last week.  TJ's just opened in my city about a year ago.  It's not far from my house but not terribly convenient either, so I only make it there every other month or so.  Last Thursday was my birthday so I took a vacation day from work and decided to go shopping and treat myself a little. 

I went to TJ's and the very pleasant cashier was making the usual small talk.  She asked what I was having for dinner, and I said "well it's my birthday and we're not really celebrating until tomorrow, so I thought tonight we would splurge and have these frozen appetizers I'm buying here."  She said happy birthday and called another employee over and whispered to him.  A minute later he was back with a bouquet of flowers!  I was very impressed, they certainly didn't have to do that!

gingerzing:

--- Quote from: Ginger G on February 26, 2014, 08:52:25 AM ---I had a very nice experience at Trader Joe's last week.  TJ's just opened in my city about a year ago.  It's not far from my house but not terribly convenient either, so I only make it there every other month or so.  Last Thursday was my birthday so I took a vacation day from work and decided to go shopping and treat myself a little. 

I went to TJ's and the very pleasant cashier was making the usual small talk.  She asked what I was having for dinner, and I said "well it's my birthday and we're not really celebrating until tomorrow, so I thought tonight we would splurge and have these frozen appetizers I'm buying here."  She said happy birthday and called another employee over and whispered to him.  A minute later he was back with a bouquet of flowers!  I was very impressed, they certainly didn't have to do that!

--- End quote ---
TJ's is one of the nicest places to shop. (Though I have cut back from once a week to every other week)  I have only once had a less-than-cheerful clerk.  Most of the time everyone is really super friendly.  Heck, I have traded recipe ideas with a few and talked to the floral gal often about how long their flowers last. 

The gift shop at the hospital that my husband works at.  Really nice folks who help him when he is looking for something for me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version