A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?

<< < (70/75) > >>

Mel the Redcap:
Redpath's shoe store, here in Canberra. I bought a pair of black and white Diesel high-top sneakers there in April, wore them (not all the time, but a fair amount) for four months... and last week discovered that they were different sizes.  :o The left one was U.S. size 9, European size 42, and Japanese size 27, while the right one was U.S. size 9 but European size 40 and Japanese size 26. I hadn't noticed anything odd the whole time, but once I knew they were different sizes I couldn't stop noticing it!

I really didn't think they could/would do much for me, because I mean, four months worth of slight but visible wear on them. And I'd bought them on sale, so I figured they might not have that style any more. Still, I called and they told me to bring them in. Turns out they were out of that colour but not that style, and I now have a brand new pair of pink and white high-tops that are both European size 40. ;D I would have been perfectly happy with something like a discount on my next pair of shoes but the manager was very matter-of-fact about saying it was their mistake. Annnnnd they had a sale on boots, and I found a pair in a style I had years ago and loved, so now I have new boots as well. :-*

artk2002:
Our local tattoo/piercing parlor.

My younger son (17yo) wanted to get his ear pierced so I took him to the parlor in our community. I like giving business to locals and they had good reviews on Yelp. The piercer was very nice and very professional (I was watching to make sure he followed all of the sterilization requirements.) Z's supposed to go back in 6-8 weeks and bring the actual jewelry he wants -- the piercer will sterilize it free of charge.

I've been thinking about an ear piercing and a tat and will probably go back there if I decide to do it. I was going to get the piercing with Z, but I have some situations where I'd need to remove it in the next couple of weeks and don't want to complicate things.

Sirius:
My late aunt had Verizon, although she owned her own equipment, which, fortunately, was reflected on all the bills I saw.  After I closed out the account I got a letter from them asking for the discs back from her equipment within 10 days.  I called the customer service number, and explained that while I would be glad to send the discs back to them from her equipment, it would be longer than 10 days as I was in western Oregon and the equipment was still at her house in eastern Washington state.  I was assured that since it was reflected in my aunt's account that she had passed away and an estate was handling the return of the discs, I would have two months in which to do this instead of ten days.  They sent me a letter to that effect, and included a postage-paid mailer for the discs.  When I went back a month later to pick up some items I'd left there I got the discs and mailed them back to Verizon, and got a card thanking me for returning the discs. 

Not too long ago I got a card from Comcast that was addressed to my late aunt, and said, "We've been trying to reach you!" 

Mad Goat Woman:

--- Quote from: Mel the Redcap on August 18, 2014, 04:25:47 AM ---Redpath's shoe store, here in Canberra. I bought a pair of black and white Diesel high-top sneakers there in April, wore them (not all the time, but a fair amount) for four months... and last week discovered that they were different sizes.  :o The left one was U.S. size 9, European size 42, and Japanese size 27, while the right one was U.S. size 9 but European size 40 and Japanese size 26. I hadn't noticed anything odd the whole time, but once I knew they were different sizes I couldn't stop noticing it!

I really didn't think they could/would do much for me, because I mean, four months worth of slight but visible wear on them. And I'd bought them on sale, so I figured they might not have that style any more. Still, I called and they told me to bring them in. Turns out they were out of that colour but not that style, and I now have a brand new pair of pink and white high-tops that are both European size 40. ;D I would have been perfectly happy with something like a discount on my next pair of shoes but the manager was very matter-of-fact about saying it was their mistake. Annnnnd they had a sale on boots, and I found a pair in a style I had years ago and loved, so now I have new boots as well. :-*

--- End quote ---

Redpath are awesome. That's all I have to contribute to this thread. *waves to fellow Canberran*

Mel the Redcap:

--- Quote from: Mad Goat Woman on September 02, 2014, 01:26:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mel the Redcap on August 18, 2014, 04:25:47 AM ---Redpath's shoe store, here in Canberra. I bought a pair of black and white Diesel high-top sneakers there in April, wore them (not all the time, but a fair amount) for four months... and last week discovered that they were different sizes.  :o The left one was U.S. size 9, European size 42, and Japanese size 27, while the right one was U.S. size 9 but European size 40 and Japanese size 26. I hadn't noticed anything odd the whole time, but once I knew they were different sizes I couldn't stop noticing it!

--- End quote ---

Redpath are awesome. That's all I have to contribute to this thread. *waves to fellow Canberran*

--- End quote ---

Woot! *waves back* ;D They are indeed awesome. My feet are so comfy. 8)

I may have to add Lin & Barrett Lingerie to this thread too... I now have several well-fitting bras, instead of just one that kind of still fits, and my feet aren't the only parts of my anatomy that have been comfy lately! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version