Author Topic: S/O I'm Never Shopping There - What Businesses Will Forever Have Your Patronage?  (Read 57543 times)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
My credit union is also on top of the Target "issue". They preemptively cancelled my debit card since it was one of the ones on the list of the compromised. I am not thrilled to be without my debit card the week before Christmas but the inconvenience beats having to deal with my checking account being emptied by crooks and the drama associated with recovering the money!

That beats what Target themselves are doing - their credit card site has been down for the last two days, then when I was finally able to get in and check, there's no way to say "Please just sent me a new stinkin' card with a new number already."  Other than calling, which I don't want to do because I'm sure their lines are swamped.  I guess I'm glad we have the Target Visa, which we only use at Target (5% back adds up, but it only counts for purchases made there, so why bother using it anywhere else?), so it'd be pretty obvious if there were extra charges showing up sometime in the future . . .

cwm

ThinkGeek has won my praise for their handling of what is now being called the Dragon Fiasco.

Mom bought sis's boyfriend some Canned Unicorn Meat for Christmas, so naturally I found myself buying him Canned Dragon Meat. It makes sense.

Saturday evening I took mom's laptop into a bedroom to do it (we were all at mom's party, and I had to take it away from where SBF could see). The site wouln't take my debit card. Okay, I'll use my credit card. Didn't take that either. Went to get sis. She tried her three cards. Nothing. We got on the livechat. Sis talked with the guy, sent me out to entertain her boyfriend. I left my two cards, told her which one I preferred her to use, she stayed talking to Livechat.

Apparently the billing department is completely self-contained, and the guy on the livechat customer service couldn't see what was going on with the cards not working. Customer privacy issues and all that, which I understand. He suggested a few things we could do, and then Sis paid through PayPal. It was a last resort, but I don't have a PayPal account, and hers is attached to her bank account. Great, so I'll pay her back, and the shipping says it may be a week.

Tuesday the package was delivered to mom's house (I ship everything there, safer than my apartment complex). Great, enough time to get it to SBF before he leaves for Georgia to see his family! Mom brings it to me at work on Wednesday, I open it. Inside the shipping label says Dragon Meat. Under that is a clip-on camera lens for iPhones. No dragon meat. Of course not, why would there be dragon meat in the box that was shipping me dragon meat?

Customer service sent out a replacement box of Dragon Meat, 3-day shipping, no charge. She walked me through the returns process, and said that I had a few weeks before I'd get in trouble for not returning it. The hold time to talk to someone was minimal, and the representative was polite. Everything was handled wonderfully.

I don't know if I'll get the Dragon Meat before SBF leaves for Georgia (I doubt it, he leaves tomorrow), but honestly, ThinkGeek just gained a customer for life. They've been wonderful through it all.

GlitterIsMyDrug

I've yet to buy anything from ThinkGeek (I spend most of my time going...oh I want that! And that, and that and that!), but I've heard a lot of really wonderful things about their customer services, their products and even the way they treat their employees! Which is all awesome.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
I've yet to buy anything from ThinkGeek (I spend most of my time going...oh I want that! And that, and that and that!), but I've heard a lot of really wonderful things about their customer services, their products and even the way they treat their employees! Which is all awesome.

I solicited help on here a while back to prank my sister for her birthday by mimicking the song Another Postcard and getting people to send her monkey postcards from all over.  Since ThinkGeek's logo is a monkey (and I absolutely love their stuff!), I wrote to them and asked if they'd be able to send any ThinkGeek-related swag.  They sent her about a hundred ThinkGeek monkey stickers and a postcard signed by what I assume is a good portion of the office staff  ;D

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.

I solicited help on here a while back to prank my sister for her birthday by mimicking the song Another Postcard and getting people to send her monkey postcards from all over.  Since ThinkGeek's logo is a monkey (and I absolutely love their stuff!), I wrote to them and asked if they'd be able to send any ThinkGeek-related swag.  They sent her about a hundred ThinkGeek monkey stickers and a postcard signed by what I assume is a good portion of the office staff  ;D

AWESOME!!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

mumma to KMC

AWESOME!!

I bought a few things from ThinkGeek recently and the quality is good and the shipping was fast! I'd order from them again.

Another business is Publix. I love that store. I love the selection, the customer service, the carry out (I hardly use it though), and the flowers, the flowers are cheap and a last forever! :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
We have a pretty good Publix fan club here.

Two weeks ago, DH and I were getting our groceries and chatting with the assistant store manager we are friends with, and he gave us a $5 gift card that Publix was giving out to loyal customers. Such a nice gesture! Also, the Santa's White Christmas coffee ice cream with chocolate espresso flakes is divine.

mumma to KMC

Two weeks ago, DH and I were getting our groceries and chatting with the assistant store manager we are friends with, and he gave us a $5 gift card that Publix was giving out to loyal customers. Such a nice gesture! Also, the Santa's White Christmas coffee ice cream with chocolate espresso flakes is divine.

Wait, is that a flavor in the store right now? I'm so stopping tonight if it is.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
I am still kind of shocked by what Amazon did for me yesterday!  Earlier this week I had rented Sweeney Todd via their instant video service.  Playback was terrible - I literally couldn't watch more than 2 minutes at a time without it cutting out and closing on me.  I shrugged and figured it was my computer's fault, since I have problems playing Netflix stuff on it too.  Didn't think anything more of it.  I got an email from Amazon last night that they'd noticed, somehow, the poor playback service on Sweeney Todd and as an apology they were refunding me the rental fee!  They already have me as a customer for life, but every interaction I have with them is just so well handled!!

ThinkGeek has been pretty great for me as well.  No problems, but everything ships quickly and gets here very quickly.  I swear, I ordered something on a Saturday, it was shipped Monday and I got it on Thursday - the week before Christmas.  I'm so impressed with them!

jaxsue

• Super Hero!

Publix is a great store! I shopped there exclusively when I lived in FL.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
I am still kind of shocked by what Amazon did for me yesterday!  Earlier this week I had rented Sweeney Todd via their instant video service.  Playback was terrible - I literally couldn't watch more than 2 minutes at a time without it cutting out and closing on me.  I shrugged and figured it was my computer's fault, since I have problems playing Netflix stuff on it too.  Didn't think anything more of it.  I got an email from Amazon last night that they'd noticed, somehow, the poor playback service on Sweeney Todd and as an apology they were refunding me the rental fee!  They already have me as a customer for life, but every interaction I have with them is just so well handled!!

ThinkGeek has been pretty great for me as well.  No problems, but everything ships quickly and gets here very quickly.  I swear, I ordered something on a Saturday, it was shipped Monday and I got it on Thursday - the week before Christmas.  I'm so impressed with them!

Amazon service is really good. I had bought the last season of Breaking Bad, but the video was messed up. Their response to my issue: refunded the entire cost of the season!  :)

Amara

One Kings Lane has my undying loyalty for their customer service--always top notch and just so dang polite--plus their willingness to stand behind everything they sell. Amazing.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.

Wait, is that a flavor in the store right now? I'm so stopping tonight if it is.

Yes, Publix Premium ice cream Santa's White Christmas.

GlitterIsMyDrug

So I was watching The Chew yesterday and Michael Symon and Mario Batali were talking about times they've had to throw people out of their restaurants. And they both said, hands down without out a doubt, if you disrespected the staff, if you were rude to the servers or cursed at them, they'd throw you out of their restaurant without a seconds hesitation. Both said they have done it before and they'll do it again, they don't tolerate people disrespecting their staff.

It made me really want to find and eat at one of their restaurants! Anytime management backs up employees, especially in service industries, I get all giddy inside.

cwm

So I was watching The Chew yesterday and Michael Symon and Mario Batali were talking about times they've had to throw people out of their restaurants. And they both said, hands down without out a doubt, if you disrespected the staff, if you were rude to the servers or cursed at them, they'd throw you out of their restaurant without a seconds hesitation. Both said they have done it before and they'll do it again, they don't tolerate people disrespecting their staff.

It made me really want to find and eat at one of their restaurants! Any time management backs up employees, especially in service industries, I get all giddy inside.

Yes, this, hands down. I've worked for too many places where management will expect the employees to follow a strict set of rules, then when the customer gets mad and starts yelling, the manager just does something strictly disallowed by the rules. Doesn't explain anything to the customer, then the employee gets yelled at for not fixing the problem sooner. Any company where the management has the power and uses it to stand behind its employees is an instant win for me.