Author Topic: Ok, I'm either going blind or....  (Read 6684 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Ok, I'm either going blind or....
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:07 PM »
I'm not seeing my thread on how to properly eat corn out of some soup. It was etiquette based, so it wouldn't be moved to Coffee Break (plus I'm not seeing a "move" notice). And it wasn't controversial, so it wouldn't have been deleted. Help! Tell me I'm not going blind here! Can anyone else see it somewhere?

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Re: Ok, I'm either going blind or....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
Found it. It's in the Coffee Break folder. Still confused as the issue of how to eat an item out of soup that's not easily managed is etiquette! But at least I found it!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Dang it all!  It's missing again.  Where does the thread keep going?

This is getting frustrating. :(

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:34:43 PM by DottyG »

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
I looked in case you were just going blind  :D but I can't find it either.  Or in your post history -- went back a couple of pages, so not too far, but I thought you had posted in it recently.  Weird. 

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
I've noticed a couple of threads go missing (not mine).  Now, I understand when a thread is blocked. You cannot post on it but you can see it and there is usually an explanation as to why the thread has been locked. But I've clicked Notify on threads recently and I've got the notification but when I've gone to see the thread, it's gone!! I've wondered whether I'm losing it lol! I can't remember which threads now, but hey. You're not the only one DottyG! xxx

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:46:34 PM »
Surianne,  I did.  So it should be in my Posting History.

Except for one confusing post (well, actually 2, but one was explained), the thread was fine.

I PMed the Admin a little while ago to see if they can figure things out!  Something weird is happening with these threads.  Glitch in the software?  Maybe they can get to the bottom of things. :)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:53:24 PM by DottyG »

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »
I saw it earlier today.  I'll have a go and see if I can find it.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »
OK, you are not going blind; it isn't there anymore.   :)

Is there any chance it was contentious enough and someone reported the thread?  Maybe the mods have put it into their admin only folder to have a look at it and make a decision as to whether or not it will be locked?  (I wasn't following that particular thread so I don't know if it went off track.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
It's just funny, because it should have been such an innocent thread! :D  Something as simple as "hey, I have this really tiny piece of corn in my soup - how do I eat it the most etiquettely approved way?" has caused a lot of weird stuff to go on with the thread!

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
Weird.  It's a thread about corn but I really liked it.  I clicked on the link from my internet history and got the message it's off limits to me.  I did post on it today expressing my confusion of that one post, but I don't think I wrote anything controversial (just confusion).

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »
Did you ever find out what happened to it, Dotty?  I'm still super curious about this one!

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
You're talking about, like, someone sliced up a corn cob and tossed the chunks in soup? I am DYING to know the answer to that. I've run into that a few times lately and have no idea. (FWIW, I sort of nibbled some of the kernels off the cob while the whole thing was in my spoon, but that can't be correct.)
Words mean things.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »
No. It never came back to the folder. I don't know what happened to it.

Mods, can any of you help with this? Where'd it go?

Instantkarma

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
arent u supposed to pm a mod if u have a problem? i didnt think they read every thread

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 09:54:04 PM »
arent u supposed to pm a mod if u have a problem? i didnt think they read every thread

Actually, I PMed Ticia several weeks ago when I first realized something was amiss. She PMed me back but it looks like something happened again. So I followed up on it a little while ago. The above was just an added way in case a mod saw it before she got online.

I have gone through all the proper channels here. Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:58:20 PM by DottyG »