Author Topic: Ok, I'm either going blind or....  (Read 6999 times)

Instantkarma

Re: Ok, I'm either going blind or....
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 12:17:40 AM »
arent u supposed to pm a mod if u have a problem? i didnt think they read every thread

Actually, I PMed Ticia several weeks ago when I first realized something was amiss. She PMed me back but it looks like something happened again. So I followed up on it a little while ago. The above was just an added way in case a mod saw it before she got online.

I have gone through all the proper channels here. Thanks!

ohhh good idea! i wasnt trying to sound rude but i thought thats what the rules said. i reported ur post so someone will defintely see it!   

eta - i reported that u were looking for info not that i thought u were rude or anything i realized that could have sounded bad!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:23:31 AM by Instantkarma »

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
No. You were right! There is a correct way of doing things here. I should have mentioned that I'd done the PMs before.

Thanks for reporting the thread. We're going to track that thing down somehow! :D

CaptainObvious

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:57 AM »
Maybe I'm not getting this - but what's so important about how to eat a piece of corn?

It doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, maybe you had to be there.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 01:15:16 AM »
It's not that it's that important. It's that the thread was there, it disappeared, it reappeared in another folder (but without the "moved to" notification that usually happens when a thread is moved - and none of the mods moved it), it disappeared again, reappeared, disappeared, Ticia found it and said it was in the Coffee Break folder, and now it's gone again.

There's something wrong with the software, it sounds like. None of the mods or Admin have been able to figure out what's happened. If it happened to this thread, it could be happening to others. It could explain some of the other threads and posts that people are noticing going into a black hole somewhere. There have been other posts that just disappear (and weren't removed by mods, so it wasn't like a forum rule type issue). So it might need to be looked into.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:19:24 AM by DottyG »

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 02:18:07 AM »
Dotty, the mod log says your post was deleted, why the mod did it I don't know. You don't have to worry about threads being eaten alive.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:01 PM »
You're talking about, like, someone sliced up a corn cob and tossed the chunks in soup? I am DYING to know the answer to that. I've run into that a few times lately and have no idea. (FWIW, I sort of nibbled some of the kernels off the cob while the whole thing was in my spoon, but that can't be correct.)

I ordered the Tortilla Soup at Chuy's the other day - and there it was, a big ol' piece of corn on the cob right in the soup!

I took it out of the bowl and put it on a side plate.  Then, I put my fork in one side and used my knife to cut the kernels off.  The cob was pretty soft, so it worked well.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill