Author Topic: dingdangity dog!!! (photos :) )  (Read 1566 times)

kitkatswing

dingdangity dog!!! (photos :) )
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »
So, I do pole dancing as a hobby and love it, yesterday I was practising out the back  , getting hubby to take a few photos for me..

I was doing this move here:

When Maui decided that what I needed was some lovin via kisses.......

Trying desperatly not to fall on my head I slid not-so-gracefully to the ground (crash mats thankfully) and Maui contoinuted to jump all over me! Hubby was no help at all, he continued taking photos... :)

So yes, that was the end of my practice session, I was laughing too much :)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
Re: dingdangity dog!!! (photos :) )
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
Awww! Silly dog. I have had a very similar experience while trying to do yoga.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »
Hee hee!

My cat also likes to interfere with exercise.  Once I was doing a Wii Fit yoga exercise in which I stand on one leg on one side of the balance board and hold up the other one.  I was concentrating on keeping my balance when I heard DH walk into the room and say the cat's name in a part-scolding, part-amused voice.  Thinking the cat was getting into something he shouldn't, I stayed focused on the screen and asked, "Where is he?"

DH replied, "Sitting next to you."

Sure enough, I looked down to see the cat sitting calmly on the unoccupied side of the balance board, also watching the screen as if to say, "Well?  What's the big fuss?"

So much for balance.  I fell off the thing laughing.  :D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 03:07:26 AM »
I had an in heat female cat back up towards me every time my back touched the ground doing crunches...and then every time when I looked up while doing push-ups.  It didn't matter how many times I pushed her away, she just kept backing up towards my face.  That little devil...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

lilfox

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »
What is it with pets and exercise?

My cat interferes with yoga and pushups and basically any move that I do that brings me down to her level.  She assumes I want to cuddle even though I'm clearly still moving around and sometimes jostling her.  Picture trying to hold downward dog with a cat winding around your arms and flicking her tail in your face - Cat, that will get you attention but not the kind you're seeking.

ishka

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 05:37:08 AM »
I was trying to do a "downward facing dog" stretch and not having much success.  The dog, who had been watching from the couch, came up beside me, choofed in my face to get my attention, and then executed  the stretch perfectly.  She then looked at me expectantly, obviously thinking that the reason I was having trouble was that I wasn't clear on what a "downward facing dog" was supposed to look like.
My own personal yoga trainer.
Ishka

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »
I was trying to do a "downward facing dog" stretch and not having much success.  The dog, who had been watching from the couch, came up beside me, choofed in my face to get my attention, and then executed  the stretch perfectly.  She then looked at me expectantly, obviously thinking that the reason I was having trouble was that I wasn't clear on what a "downward facing dog" was supposed to look like.
Ishka

Does the dog take students? I wanna learn!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
Ishka

Does the dog take students? I wanna learn!

My cat likes to jump on my butt while I am in this pose...and in other poses she'll jump on my back and try to lay down.  It is quite irksome, but amusing.

Love the pics Kitkatswing...they are just great.  :) 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah