Author Topic: A Triple Threat.  (Read 12066 times)

JennJenn68

Re: A Triple Threat.
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »
Well, this weekend, I'll be...working.  But only for a couple of hours on Friday and Sunday!

(After all, I'm a church organist--it's part of my job description! ;))

I managed to get out of an engagement with my brother and family by already being booked for one with my in-laws.  I'm not certain, but I think that I've just managed to be a poster child for "out of the frying pan into the fire".  (I love my MIL and FIL, but my BIL's children are quite... challenging, and the elder is already a case-hardened SS.  Then again, my brother is also SS, along with his family--I suppose that makes them a blizzard!--and he's had forty more years of experience at it, so I hope that I made the right decision!)

shygirl

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
My husband is supposedly Christian, so I asked him what he wanted us to do for Easter.  He didn't have any suggestions, and also thought my idea of taking our son (about 20 months old) to church was crazy.

I made an Easter basket for the kid.  I thought about dyeing Easter eggs, and even looked at the egg dyeing kits, then I thought to myself that I must be insane if I was actually considering doing that with my son who likes to turn everything upside down and inspect what just fell out of the bowl, usually by rolling around in it.

So instead, I got some plastic eggs, filled them with raisins, and I plan to hide them around outside, and see if he can find any.  I also got him a new book, and some markers and paper to draw on.  It's those special markers that only draw on a certain type of paper.  Hopefully, that will decrease the mess I need to clean up later on. 

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
Happy Easter everyone!  ;D
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter