Author Topic: The Play Set It's up! Posts 9&10  (Read 11964 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: The Play Set It's up! Posts 9&10
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
Did LandLord give his approval?
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:36 PM »

Of course not. ;)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 11:19:37 PM »
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Instantkarma

Re: The Play Set Updated post #9
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 11:29:21 PM »

As far as I can see, no ground was broken at all, even for the play set.  I hope he is not "digging the Panama Canal" in the basement. ;)

LOL

It depends...do his aunts call him "Teddy?"

just tried to "like" this post - arsenic & old lace is one of my all time favorite halloween movies

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »

Of course not. ;)

Does he know about it?

Our landlord lives in a faraway city.  Nutty Neighbor and I have a "gentleman's" agreement not to rat each out.

BarensMom

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
If you share a yard, you may be sharing liability with your neighbor and the landlord.  Not to mention that the landlord should know that he now has an "attractive nuisance" on his property.  What if he finds out on his own and asks why you didn't inform him? What if your neighbor decides to lie and say that you put up the playset?  What if a child goes onto the playset unsupervised and injures him/herself - would you be able to face that child's parents, knowing that with a phone call to the landlord, you could have prevented that (hypothetical) injury?

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
BarensMom makes an excellent point, and since I don't want to make this thread about legalities I will close it. However, I would find out from a lawyer as to whether or not you share any liability should someone be hurt, and IMO this is a potentially serious matter that your landlord should be notified.

Good luck.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.