Author Topic: Pork Sirloin Chops Bone In  (Read 1180 times)

Amara

Pork Sirloin Chops Bone In
« on: March 29, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »
I found these marked down to half price so bought all the packages the store had. Most of them are frozen, but I thawed one for tonight. The problem is I don't know what to do with it. It says "chops" but these look like mini-ribs. Does anyone have good ideas for preparation?

doodlemor

Re: Pork Sirloin Chops Bone In
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:17:08 PM »
Congratulations on your lovely bargain, Amara!  I think that you can do just about anything with these that you are already doing with pork.

The simplest thing, that my mother did in the 50's, is to just bake them in the oven with salt and pepper until they are tender, and a little browned.  This is good if you have little children who tend not to like stuff that is "mixed up and touching."  My mother used to roast potatoes and onions with this sometimes, basting periodically with the drippings.

You could bake or grill them with barbecue sauce, or put them into a crockpot or oven dish with sauerkraut/potatoes.

You could save a few to throw one at a time into your pot of spaghetti sauce.  An Italian chef told me that this improves the texture.

Dyngus Day is coming up.  You could use some to make bigos [hunter's stew.]

http://www.dyngusdaybuffalo.com/

My suggestions are very basic - I am sure that the wonderful cooks on this site will have many delicious suggestions.

Amara

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »
Thanks so much, doodlemor. Great ideas. I missed tonight but tomorrow I think I will bake them with some homemade Thai peanut-style sauce. While I like the idea of barbecue sauce, I don't like most of them (too sweet, too ketchup-y). But I do have this non-recipe recipe for a spicy Thai peanut sauce, and I think that might work very well. (I hope.) I can also use my new expensive and beautiful roasting pan for the first time as well.

doodlemor

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:11:22 AM »
Your home made Thai sauce sounds delicious, Amara.  You are quite the gourmet!

LeveeWoman

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »
Buy a box of your favorite dried stuffing. Put a bunch into a large baggie and crunch it up with a rolling pin then place into a dish. Dip the chops into a mixture of two beaten eggs with a dash of milk then coat them in  the stuffing. Bake in a greased dish at 350F for about 30-45 minutes (depends on the thickness of the chops). They'll come out incredibly moist inside with a crunchy coating.