Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

My spine! It is starting to shine!

(1/5) > >>

Nikko-chan:
Today in my first class of the day, a student walked in late, and she hadn't been there the few previous times either. We will call her Janice. So after class Janice comes up to me. The following conversation happened.

Janice: Hey can I borrow your notes?

Me: No.

Janice: Oh. Well can you email them to me?

Me: *looking a bit startled* No.

And just like that, she walked away. :)

*polishes the bit of spine that is showing*

Is it wrong that I feel like a heel for saying no, though? Did any of you feel this way when you first started installing your spines?

diesel_darlin:
Good job! I had a similar situation earlier today. A fellow classmate noticed that I had several completed math worksheets ready to turn in.

CM: Hey! You have the worksheets! Let me see those!

Me: Um, why?

CM: I need 'em! Let me have your worksheets!

Me: You may NOT have my worksheets.

CM:  :o

What is it about students that do not put forth a major amount of effort into classes, yet they feel entitled to the homework/notes/handouts of others?  >:(

Editeer:
Good job, both of you!

--- Quote ---Is it wrong that I feel like a heel for saying no, though? Did any of you feel this way when you first started installing your spines?
--- End quote ---

I did. Keep practicing. Eventually I realized lightning wouldn't strike me, and I even began to feel *good* about taking care of myself instead of being a doormat.

LeveeWoman:

--- Quote from: diesel_darlin on March 29, 2012, 08:05:45 PM ---Good job! I had a similar situation earlier today. A fellow classmate noticed that I had several completed math worksheets ready to turn in.

CM: Hey! You have the worksheets! Let me see those!

Me: Um, why?

CM: I need 'em! Let me have your worksheets!

Me: You may NOT have my worksheets.

CM:  :o

What is it about students that do not put forth a major amount of effort into classes, yet they feel entitled to the homework/notes/handouts of others?  >:(

--- End quote ---

These might be the same people who try to horn in on projects in the work-world.

diesel_darlin:
Thanks, Editeer! I have that twinge of guilt sometimes also. But this particular person makes it almost simple to say no, because quite frankly, he is obnoxious.

LeveeWoman, you may be right!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version