Author Topic: My spine! It is starting to shine!  (Read 11799 times)

weeblewobble

Re: My spine! It is starting to shine!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
CM brought up the worksheets AGAIN today! I'm going to brain him with a humongous clue x four before the semester is over! 

CM: Why wouldn't you let me have your worksheets?

Me: Because they are my worksheets and I need them.

CM: but ya know, if you would have asked me for mine, I would have given mine to you. Not been all stingy and not helped a friend out.

Me: I would never ask for your homework, now please stop asking me for mine.  >:(

Isn't is convenient that users who always proclaim, "I would do the same for you!" always manage to disappear before they are put in the position of having to do the same?

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
^
Either that, or they're people who's homework/belongings/advice you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole in the first place.

Congrats OP, you handled that great. And yes, it does feel weird the first few times you say "no" - just keep doing those spine strengthening excercies and pretty soon it won't even tingle.  ;)
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »
Good work OP!

I don't think there's anything "nice" about doing something because you feel like you have no choice.  If you feel that you must comply with every request then that really undermines important concepts such as doing something because it's the right thing to do, or doing something out of the goodness of your heart.   When you start to look at it that way you realise that you're not being "nice" you're just trying to impersonate what you've been told niceness should be, which is unnecessary really.   :)
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

diesel_darlin

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
CM brought up the worksheets AGAIN today! I'm going to brain him with a humongous clue x four before the semester is over! 

CM: Why wouldn't you let me have your worksheets?

Me: Because they are my worksheets and I need them.

CM: but ya know, if you would have asked me for mine, I would have given mine to you. Not been all stingy and not helped a friend out.

Me: I would never ask for your homework, now please stop asking me for mine.  >:(

Isn't is convenient that users who always proclaim, "I would do the same for you!" always manage to disappear before they are put in the position of having to do the same?

It is very convenient! And 99 times out of 100 that is the situation I find myself in.

gwennan

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
There's also the point that while you might "help a friend out", there's no indication that this is actually a *friend*.....

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
Is it wrong that I feel like a heel for saying no, though? Did any of you feel this way when you first started installing your spines?

You go Nikko! I'm proud of you!

To answer your question, you won't feel like a heel for long. That is only the first few times of spine-freedom. After you get used to the freedom of saying no, it will come easier and easier for you.

My in-laws think I am mean because of my spine; I have come to accept this. I cannot control their thoughts; they have a choice to think positive or negative thoughts. If they choose to think negative thoughts about me or anyone or anything else, I cannot help that. I can only control my actions, reactions and thoughts and I finally am!

gingerzing

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
I am so glad I am not alone! Meh, and when I told my aunt and my mom they said I should be nicer.

"Uh, mom... Janice hasn't come to class in awhile, and I suspect she was only there because she got days mixed up for the midterm review."

They still told me I should be nicer.  ??? ::)

"But I said No in the kindest tone possible."

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
Is it wrong that I feel like a heel for saying no, though?

Feelings aren't wrong.
Words mean things.