Author Topic: Used this exact phrase!  (Read 2903 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Used this exact phrase!
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
/BG DF and I went for a meal last Sunday with DS. We ate, had a drink afterwards and then left. I used to occasionally go to this pub on a Sunday evening for the quiz night. Unfortunately, I have had to bow out of that, as I will soon be back at work and being out on a Sunday night is not good when I am up at 6.30am the next morning. /end BG

Anyway, the following conversation ensued between me and Bar Manager just as we were leaving.

BM: We need you at the quiz tonight.
Me: I am afraid that won't be possible.
BM: Why not?
Me: It just won't be (looked at sleeping DS and smiled at BM). Hey are you still doing the St Georges' Day Activities?
BM: Yeah, it'll be a good day!
Me: See you then!

We left. The Bar Manager was happy, we were happy and I did not give out any more information than I had to. Although I like the manager, it doesn't mean I need to explain myself to him or anyone else. "It's not possible" means just that. Enquiring as to why is not the done thing to do.

;D
I just wish I'd remembered to post this last Sunday, it's just been a busy week!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Used this exact phrase!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »
Well done, and perfect execution of the bean dip!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.